Feedback before rejection?

Hi, I’m trying to think outside the box (as suggested in another thread by @gballx) and I’m gonna submit some tracks in the style of Bagpipe Baroque. The tracks are Bagdenerie and Air composed by Johann Sebagstian Bagh.
Anyone have any feedback on mix? Panning maybe? Is it loud enough? Or maybe too loud?
Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

These are bagtastic and I think you have some bag sellers here.

2 Likes

That kind of feedbag just knocks the air out of me!

2 Likes

Feedbag for feedbag, now we’re blowin’.

2 Likes

Cool, sounds really outside the bag, add some cowbell :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in! As this is baroque music I’m not sure about the cowbell, but I will keep it in mind when my tracks get rejected.

2 Likes

I definitely miss here some punchy wooshbangs. Also a distorted bassline like in the “Battlefield” soundtrack. But that are only little tweaks. I guess, you’ll have the next featured item here.

But I know already, what will happen. Every new author will now copy your style and we’ll have the next wave of bagtracks.

Anyway, see you bagstage.

1 Like

A distorted bagline like in Baglefield you say? Nice idea, but I’m afraid any more harmonic information will make the bagpipe sound out of tune, and thereby less authentic.

Be careful, Bagy and paste tracks are frowned upon.

1 Like

Agree, that would be a bag mistake!

1 Like

A bag step on the way to BagElite Author.

1 Like

:joy: “Air” is a masterpiece. I think you can sell this as an wake up alarm as well. But yes it needs to be louder, try boosting 2-5khz 12-15db (don’t overdo it)

2 Likes

Great idea with the alarm! Can’t imagine a better start of the day than some emotional bagpipe music.

2 Likes

These are great! Now all you have to do is make 50 more tracks that are exactly the same… name them “this bagpipe,” “that bagpipe,” etc… and of course price them all at $5 and you’re on your way to success

1 Like

Thank god for automatic approval!

1 Like

This is one of the best threads with the funniest music and reactions for a long time here. Thank you @Hyperprod . We should less moan and do more of such funny stuff instead.

1 Like

Research has shown that the average person can’t distinguish bagpipe music from moaning, so this thread is actually complaining in disguise.
Personally in think bagpipes sound sheep.

Glad you like the thread @Daydreamz-Studios
I was about to record some acoustic guitar yesterday when my neighbour decided to start up his chainsaw and cut down some trees. I took that as a sign that it was time to start my venture into Bagpipe Baroque.

1 Like

Hi! Bagdenerie sounds good, I’ll not say a same about Bach’s Air. Long notes sounds too dissonant and it needs some eq fixing, cut some harsh frequencies in high mids. Beside that I think that kind of music needs some breath, expression pedal at least. I understand that it’s classic instrument and in those distant days there’s no such option, but… this piece was written originally for string quartet as I know.

1 Like

Most people don’t know this, but all of Bach’s string quartets were first written as bagpipe quartets and only later adapted for other ensembles

2 Likes

That’s correct. Many of them where actually written by Johann Sebagstian’s cousin Angus McBach and later transcribed for strings. Naming a composition written for strings “Air” is strange, but when you realise it’s actually written for bagpipes it makes much more sense.

2 Likes