Featured track was disabled for description, tags, bpm and structure "plagiarism"

Same style? Yes.
Similar instruments, timbres and musical structure? Maybe… thats because same style/genre.
Description, tags, bpm? What? Really?))
Plagiarism? Copyright infringement? Epic absurd.
Envato Team, what’s happening?!

2 Likes

Plagiarism? Are you kidding me? That was just a person that envy why your track was featured and why their track not. Still, I can’t give any advice how to deal with it. Keep fighting, you’re not in a wrong position mate!

4 Likes

I have a thought. Any of you write Future Bass? Why don’t you show “butterflystudio” hell. Let him(her) drown in copyright claims))

Seriously don’t think this is a good idea! It’s a very unfortunate situation but this wouldn’t help at all.

What he did is deviant. Deviation is a reflex. Reflexes are changed by different reflexes. In other words we only learn when it hurts)

But I don’t do EDM so it’s not my call

This is not plagiarism, this is jealousy, whoever raised the flag for this one is a &$#@!

1 Like

I think it’s not plagiarism too. You were right to create this topic, keep it up. Hope envato will pay attention to this situation, cause it can happen with each of us. Understand your dissapointment

2 Likes

It’s two different tracks in the same music style.
unfair situation

sounds like its two different tracks in one genre. i like @OddVision track even more because it sounds warmer! unfair

1 Like

The best composer is the best copier” – Igor Stravinsky

What I think Stravinsky meant by that actually was that we all copy others’ ideas and we modify them. Nothing is or can be 100% original. That’s common sense if one thinks about it a little … Imagine if one could get the copyright of a note or an interval, let’s major 3rd, then all happy, upbeat, uplifting music would be in violation of that copyright! …

2 Likes

picasso - good artists copy but great artists steal

Tracks are different. There is no plagiarism.

1 Like

They are similar as almost any future bass/trap/ you name it genre. There are elements that define a genre - typical snare, bpm, chords progressions, effects, vocoded basslines and chopped and pitched vocals. Many tracks are similar in a way, be it house or drumnbass, you can even determine a SUB genre just because of typical sounds and tricks used within that sub genre. So there is nothing wrong with this. Both tracks are examples of commercialized Future Bass genre. Not a plagiarism!

These are two completely different tracks, and we do not agree that this track was removed from the files of the week.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this, did you create a support ticket? Forum exposure on the topic is important but finally it will be solved trough a ticket. Good luck and keep us informed!

2 Likes

This is outrageous! There are hardly any similarities between the two tracks. The complainant should be banned for life from Audiojungle, and held liable for Odd Vision’s lost income. I am truly appalled by this blatant abuse of the system.

just provide the licenses of purchased libraries used to support mate! actually both authors have to do the same IMO !

fun fact - Plagiarism is out of control last months on Audiojungle !
So if an author reports another they are obligated to investigate!

1 Like

Problem is that if someone is told they should submit a DMCA if they feel someone may have plagiarised aspects of one of their tracks the situation rapidly escalates into items getting taken down. This case would have been much better resolved informally if at all possible.

Yes. Envato support team has clearly informed me that they can not get directly involved with this, as this DMCA dispute is between the two of us. This was a DMCA notice, so I have created a counter DMCA notice and sent it to the claimant through the support team. Now a have to wait 10 business days. My item will be reinstated between 10 and 14 business days from when the complainant received the counter notification, but if the complainant informs support team that he have issued legal proceedings against me about this dispute, my item will not be reinstated.

1 Like

In accordance with the Envato market terms, under the DMCA (which is a very serious legal document) take down process, respondent’s item is disabled from the marketplace. Also the funds earned from the sales of the item for up to 3 months are being freezed. The release of these funds earlier than 3 months will be only at Envato market discretion. So, it seems that this situation is a very serious process.