Feature request: Seller ratings and reviews

I am kind of sick and tired of buying themes on themeforest and:

+Seller does not provide proper support for item.
+Seller removes item from store even though you paid for support for that item
+Seller promises update via comments section such as “buddypress will be availble soon in next update”…months later no update is ever provided…

When I buy froma seller I want to know that the seller that I am buying from is credible but currently on themeforest there is noway of me to judge this (espcially if seller only has 1 item availble such as 1 seller I know who deleted themes and now just has 1 theme availble… shouldnt buyers know about this?)

A seller review and rating system should be added for better buyer peace of mind and to help stop sellers fobbing off buyers with false promises, deleting themes when they can no longer be bothered to support their customers or other annoying things.

Hi,

Everything can be improved but definitively you will not find a better service anywhere else on the web.

+Seller does not provide proper support for item.
Some seller truly not give support also if it’s showed as included. Only in this case can be frustrating. Remember that most of times the requests of support are only caused by a client that don’t know nothing of web developing and don’t know how to build a website. Is this your case?

+Seller removes item from store even though you paid for support for that item
This happen extremely rarely, it’s definitely not a big problem. You can still contact the author for support. Definitively this is not a big problem.

+Seller promises update via comments section such as “buddypress will be availble soon in next update”…months later no update is ever provided…
If you asked to the author and he gave you a confirmation and a deadline you are right, I agree with you. If you only see the text on the item description you obviously can no expect that the update will be available when you want. You bought that item without the feature required by you. It’s your fault.

There is already the review system of the authors, simply check their profile.

Thank you

No I understand php, css and html but when a theme is so badly coded and is all over the place you do need support to find out where certain files are. Also some people just code in such a poor way it can often be impossible to find and correct bugs and stuff like that.

The current author review system gives zero clue about the quality of service the theme seller provides because there is so much more to a theme than if it looks nice of not but if its full of bugs and these bugs never get fixed then its pointless buying the theme because I could have just created the theme by scratch myself.

I just want something to make it easier for me to pick a theme with a good theme seller so I stop getting burnt.

Hi,

Ok this sound good. I agree with you about your last post.
If your priority is that I advice you to save the best authors and buy only from this ones.

From my side I provide a great support and I have 5/5 stars:

Other authors that I know are great are:

Thank you