Favourite game soundtrack?

3 Likes
1 Like

Purely based on nostalgia: Ocarina of Time

4 Likes

Some great music. I wonder if these games wouldā€™ve had the same impact without themā€¦

I couldnā€™t believe no one had linked OOT! I was about to, before I saw this. +1,000. Favorite of all time.

3 Likes

Skyrim, Destiny, Halo, The Simsā€¦ A lot of the time I just play them to listen the soundtracks.

2 Likes

Great selection of soundtracks around here! I think I like too many to make a list myself, but the first I had in mind was the NES game Ā«Castlevania II - Simonā€™s QuestĀ» soundtrack (maybe a bit of nostalgy in my choice, but the tracks are all good, standing by themselves). :sunglasses: https://youtu.be/obapGp8ih0M

1 Like

Oh Yeah, Gareth Cokers work on Ori is absolutely great, Zimmers Modern Warfare II theme too.

My all time favorite is the Grizzly Hills music:

On a side note, if you enjoyed Jeremy Souleā€™s stuff for Morrowind then check out Morrowind Rebirth:

Iā€™ve contributed a handful of tracks along with a couple of other talented composers (The first and the last track in the video is from me). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Battlefield 1942!

GTA3 Main theme :heart:

1 Like

The Sims has some awesome music! The Sims 2 is my personal favorite. So personal and fun.

1 Like

Fez has got to be one of them for me- or indeed anything by Disasterpeace/ Rich Vreeland

1 Like

Oh man! What a classic! :joy:

1 Like

Ok, you have asked for it:

1 Like

Out of so many, probably the entire soundtrack for Homeworld 1 by Paul Ruskay, because it shaped the mood of vast emptiness of space so effectively and went all the way against the establishment: while most people back then used to compose powerful symphonic tracks or dynamic electronic for space games, Ruskay mixed ethnic drums with ambient sounds.

Hereā€™s ā€œImperial Battle Musicā€:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQrDRLoxa8

2 Likes
1 Like

That would come really close to my number one. Fantastic for innovative and conveying the loneliness of space. I prefer the first to the second, though.

2 Likes

Indeed, and I may also add that original H1ā€™s soundtrack is better than H1ā€™s remastered one. Maybe itā€™s just a psychological effect, but remastered edition ā€œlostā€ something that was present all these years ago, back in 1999 :).

1 Like

I agree, probably due to the compromises they did to unify both games into the Homeworld 2 engine, which altered some cool things about the gameplay. But I still think itā€™s a fantastic game and enjoy playing it from time to time,

1 Like

I remember playing homeworld as a kid on some demo disk, didnā€™t understand anything because the demo lacked a tutorialā€¦ But the soundtrack was indeed mesmerizing!

I like this one Knights of The Temple - Infernal Crusade Whole soundtrack is awesome!

1 Like