Fatal error when updating my old wordpress site

themeforest

Hi there,

4 or 5 years ago we acquiered a Theme called “Higher” made by Megatheme (which seems to belong now to Theme Forest). Our project was stopped and therefore we never updated the site, but we still need it to have online. Today I got into the website again and finally updated wordpress to the last version.

After this update, there was a fatal error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare has_shortcode() (previously declared in /homepages/16/d404095723/htdocs/site_name/wp-includes/shortcodes.php:166) in /homepages/16/d404095723/htdocs/site_name/wp-content/themes/higher/functions.php on line 1889

Searching on internet I found this solution -> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22130446/updated-wordpress-cannot-redeclare-has-shortcode-error-is-thrown

and after applying the changes, I can now at least access to my dashboard and see the website, but still many errors appear on the site when displayed on the browser.

For instance: "Warning: Missing argument 2 for has_shortcode(), called in /homepages/16/d404095723/htdocs/site_name/wp-content/themes/higher/functions.php on line 1438 and defined in /homepages/16/d404095723/htdocs/site_name/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 166

and the same error repeats in so many other lines.

I have removed the name of the site from these lines, just in case (I dont really know if it save to post this here).

Is there any other changes I can do in the code that will help me fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I dont really have a budget for this. :frowning: It is not a company, just a project with some friends

I can help you, I think for about 50$ can be fixed.

You could send me the link to your friend then he/she could purchase my service, if you’re interested in.