Fantastic new mastering limiter

||+1319426|Kirk-Monteux said-||

Glad you like it. I haven’t expect such a different against the ozone stuff.
So I do hope you get the money soon. It’s very good deal though.

Kirk

Yeah it’s a huge difference compared to ozone. I just mastered a 13 track album with Ozone 6, I went back to it and disabled the ozone maximizer and replaced the last step of the chain with Stealth Limiter. It all got a LOT better, clearer and really transparent master in comparison, and it could go a lot louder with the tiny remaining dynamics not being a problem. i really wish i could afford this right now.

I gotta ask again, anyone here knows of any other limiter that can be compared to this one in loudness and transparency? Christ, I gotta change now

Well, I took the bait and tested this limiter yesterday and today. I must admit that I can’t hear any difference to my Waves L3. Of course, it may depend on the material one is using but for the music I’m doing I can’t say it makes any difference.

Thank you for sharing :wink:

_Pengus said
||+1319426|Kirk-Monteux said-||

Glad you like it. I haven’t expect such a different against the ozone stuff.
So I do hope you get the money soon. It’s very good deal though.

Kirk

Yeah it’s a huge difference compared to ozone. I just mastered a 13 track album with Ozone 6, I went back to it and disabled the ozone maximizer and replaced the last step of the chain with Stealth Limiter. It all got a LOT better, clearer and really transparent master in comparison, and it could go a lot louder with the tiny remaining dynamics not being a problem. i really wish i could afford this right now.

I gotta ask again, anyone here knows of any other limiter that can be compared to this one in loudness and transparency? Christ, I gotta change now

Haven't tried this one but the Fabfilter ProL is the most transparent I have used. YMMV.
Triple7Music said

Well, I took the bait and tested this limiter yesterday and today. I must admit that I can’t hear any difference to my Waves L3. Of course, it may depend on the material one is using but for the music I’m doing I can’t say it makes any difference.

Try L2 vs. Fabfilter ProL

I tried it and to my ears I still get better results using the free TDR Feedback compressor and Stienberg’s Magnito which I am happy with. I also found installing all the clagg from IK they make you have to try the demo of Stealth a bit of a pain. Now I have loads of IK stuff in my VST folder I don’t want. All I wanted was to try just the Stealth.

Having said all that I will spend more time playing with it as I didn’t get that long to access it.

||+1318553|Kirk-Monteux said-|| Hi

I want to share my experience with that new “Stealth Limiter” by IK Multimedia.

I’ve been looking around for a modern software limiter quite a time.

I’ve played around with all the common products like the L limiters by Waves or the stuff from UAD and so on.

All of them have pretty obvious side effects like washed out transients and distortions especially in the low mids.

But this one really works for me. It’s a straight forward almost one knob plugin that just sound absolutely transparent and keeps the transients intact. I’ve just used it on my latest AJ production you can listen to here on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/kirk-monteux/power-rock-01

I did let the limiter work some what of 3dB to 4dB and the master has a dynamic range of 8dB

More about the Stealth Limiter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Illiz4YUOuk

Thnx a lot, we’ll try it on work with new items!

Usualy we using the Crysonic Spectraphy :slight_smile:

So I’ve now compared it with Waves L2, L3, Ozone 5, Ozone 6 and FabFilter Pro L. I get much better results with this than with all of them. It sounds tighter than all of these, the bass is more present and it sounds less flat. Also, the look-ahead and over sampling is amazing and it can outsmart all of these in terms of loudness without distortion or getting that brickwalled sound. First I wanted to stick with my old ones convinced that they are still the “best”, but now I’d honestly say this is way way better than the ones i mentioned above (It’s just my own opinion for my type of sound, all of us have different preferences). Also:

This post opened my eyes to the fact that there must be some amazing limiters out there that’s not very well known, so I did some research to find more of these, and:

I did find another limiter that can compare to this one actually, the A.O.M Invisible Limiter. I get very similar results to the Stealth Limiter with that one. I’d say the Stealth Limiter has a bit tighter sound than the A.O.M, but they’re more or less equal. In the future, I’m definitely gonna use A.O.M Invisible Limiter until I can afford to invest in the Stealth Limiter as well. It’s the best ones I’ve ever heard.

The feature I really really liked about A.O.M was how you can choose to let transients go through the redline and up to +3db, to give the track a more dynamic sound even if it’s brickwalled, without it distorting.

My most obvious “proof” was that I’ve been having a problem with a track that I built with a sound that I wanted to go really loud, to brickwall. On all the first mentioned limiters, I got a bad high-end distortion on the guitar sections and I lost the snare transients when I pushed it too hard / the snare disappeared, no matter which one I tried and no matter how i tweaked the transient recovery settings on them. Then I tried Stealth limiter and A.O.M invisible limiter on it, and voila, the problem was gone. It sounds clear and nice when slamming it super loud, and there’s none of that distortion left. Here’s the almost final A.O.M results for you to hear as a example;

https://soundcloud.com/pengusaudio/rootkit-aom-limiter/s-rAXN3

_Pengus said

So I’ve now compared it with Waves L2, L3, Ozone 5, Ozone 6 and FabFilter Pro L. I get much better results with this than with all of them. It sounds tighter than all of these, the bass is more present and it sounds less flat. Also, the look-ahead and over sampling is amazing and it can outsmart all of these in terms of loudness without distortion or getting that brickwalled sound. First I wanted to stick with my old ones convinced that they are still the “best”, but now I’d honestly say this is way way better than the ones i mentioned above (It’s just my own opinion for my type of sound, all of us have different preferences). Also:

This post opened my eyes to the fact that there must be some amazing limiters out there that’s not very well known, so I did some research to find more of these, and:

I did find another limiter that can compare to this one actually, the A.O.M Invisible Limiter. I get very similar results to the Stealth Limiter with that one. I’d say the Stealth Limiter has a bit tighter sound than the A.O.M, but they’re more or less equal. In the future, I’m definitely gonna use A.O.M Invisible Limiter until I can afford to invest in the Stealth Limiter as well. It’s the best ones I’ve ever heard.

The feature I really really liked about A.O.M was how you can choose to let transients go through the redline and up to +3db, to give the track a more dynamic sound even if it’s brickwalled, without it distorting.

My most obvious “proof” was that I’ve been having a problem with a track that I built with a sound that I wanted to go really loud, to brickwall. On all the first mentioned limiters, I got a bad high-end distortion on the guitar sections and I lost the snare transients when I pushed it too hard / the snare disappeared, no matter which one I tried and no matter how i tweaked the transient recovery settings on them. Then I tried Stealth limiter and A.O.M invisible limiter on it, and voila, the problem was gone. It sounds clear and nice when slamming it super loud, and there’s none of that distortion left. Here’s the almost final A.O.M results for you to hear as a example;

https://soundcloud.com/pengusaudio/rootkit-aom-limiter/s-rAXN3

Thank a lot for the review.