Fantastic new mastering limiter

Hi

I want to share my experience with that new “Stealth Limiter” by IK Multimedia.

I’ve been looking around for a modern software limiter quite a time.

I’ve played around with all the common products like the L limiters by Waves or the stuff from UAD and so on.

All of them have pretty obvious side effects like washed out transients and distortions especially in the low mids.

But this one really works for me. It’s a straight forward almost one knob plugin that just sound absolutely transparent and keeps the transients intact. I’ve just used it on my latest AJ production you can listen to here on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/kirk-monteux/power-rock-01

I did let the limiter work some what of 3dB to 4dB and the master has a dynamic range of 8dB

More about the Stealth Limiter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Illiz4YUOuk

Thank You!Will try it!

saw this reviewed online the other day. Will definitely have a look at it.

Hi, Kirk! Thank you for sharing, sounds really good, will try definitely try it! :slight_smile:

Nice tip, thank you for sharing, its always nice to get some new plugins that come highly recommended!

Looks good! Will definitely be checking it out. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Sounds good ! :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

I’d love to hear your opinion on this one.

Also would be very interesting to hear your conclusion against the limiter you’re using now.

Thanks for the share. Will check it out!

It’s great! IK Multimedia doing a big and important job for musicians and engineers :slight_smile:

I’ll have to try it! Thanks!

Just tried the demo, its very good!

Nice ! Thanks !

I don’t really wanna even try this one. I have AOM Indivisible Limiter. and I use it for a long time. I did a lot of test a many times ago and AOM limiter wins i every test. AOM Limiter is like true mastering limiter. The closest to AOM is ProL from Fabfilter. But for me, FabFilter is like modern maximizer and not limiter. So as long as I don’t have trial demo for fabfilter and bunch other limiter and I don’t wanna try this one either. I found tool that works for me and I love it.

I use Invisible Limiter too. Awesome quality and clarity.

JohnRosso said

I don’t really wanna even try this one. I have AOM Indivisible Limiter. and I use it for a long time. I did a lot of test a many times ago and AOM limiter wins i every test. AOM Limiter is like true mastering limiter. The closest to AOM is ProL from Fabfilter. But for me, FabFilter is like modern maximizer and not limiter. So as long as I don’t have trial demo for fabfilter and bunch other limiter and I don’t wanna try this one either. I found tool that works for me and I love it.

First time I hear about Invisible Limiter, I’ll have to check out this one too.

I have been using the free Broadcast as well as Magneto and some other free compressors but I hate getting bogged down with mastering so this could be a one stop for me. I just want to use one tool and if it sounds nice I am happy. Will give it a try thanks. Seems reasonable price for what it does.

I was very skeptic of this plugin but tried the demo anyway, and I can say that it totally demolishes the Ozone 5 and Ozone 6 limiters. I had these on with full transient recovery, and tweaked them as good as I could, yet they sucked in comparison. It really does what Kirk says, keeps the transients almost no matter how much you choose to brickwall it.It keeps the balance, clarity of sound, dynamics/perceived dynamics (if you brickwall it) and introduces barely no artifacts at all.

I’d buy this if I had the cash for it right now.

You who have tried it, is there any other limiter on the market that can compare to this one?

_Pengus said

I was very skeptic of this plugin but tried the demo anyway, and I can say that it totally demolishes the Ozone 5 and Ozone 6 limiters. I had these on with full transient recovery, and tweaked them as good as I could, yet they sucked in comparison. It really does what Kirk says, keeps the transients almost no matter how much you choose to brickwall it.It keeps the balance, clarity of sound, dynamics/perceived dynamics (if you brickwall it) and introduces barely no artifacts at all.

I’d buy this if I had the cash for it right now.

You who have tried it, is there any other limiter on the market that can compare to this one?

Glad you like it. I haven’t expect such a different against the ozone stuff.
So I do hope you get the money soon. It’s very good deal though.

Kirk