Facebook Video Size

I don’t know where to look for an answer on this. I need to put some video samples up on Facebook. I tried uploading a couple of different types of 720p clips. What I’m not understanding is the display size when viewed looks like 960x540 or less. If anyone knows, I’m wondering if I should encode at a lower resolution (like 960x540) to make the file size smaller so they stream faster?

I’m really not getting the HD label and “720p” listing when the video display size is nowhere near 720p. Thanks!

Complicated :slight_smile:
I don’t know do you own YouTube account? You can link Youtube and facebook with Facebook Aplications… Try it that’s all i can help you or downscale your video and upload it to Facebook.

Complicated :) I don't know do you own YouTube account? You can link Youtube and facebook with Facebook Aplications... Try it that's all i can help you or downscale your video and upload it to Facebook.

Miseld’s advice is a good solution…you can even try viemo also…

I had the same problem when uploading through the FB interface…but the problem is not your resolution is your aspect ratio.

I’ve uploaded to FB 1080p and 720p with an aspect ratio of 1.0 (square pixels) and it displays the HD logo …try and let me know…

here are some videos of my FB profile so you can see they display correctly…

Hope this helps…have an awesome day!