Facebook Video Deleted due to copyright music..

Hi, its odd but one of my clients could not upload a video to facebook cause of music. It said it belonged to someone else. I hope it wont be one of those cases when an individual releases AJ music on iTunes and claims its his own…

Have you guys heard of facebook doing it?
What can I do to fix it?

I found rightsmanager.fb.com to be responsible for it. What I understand is a guy released a video on facebook with my music on it, and now it prevents others from uploading videos with the same music? Hopefully its not like that. Please anyone, lets figure it out.

Sounds like this could be a nightmare for any of us!
First thing to do is to contact the person who registered the video and its soundtrack and let them know what’s up and ask them to unregistered your music. Hopefully it was not intentional, and they had not realized your music would be protected as well.

Yikes, what a nightmare yes. Facebook have so long allowed reuploading of any video and now they allow registering videos ALONG with music (which almost NEVER have the same copyright owner). That is just plain ignorant.

It’s good that they implement their own ContentID but they must understand that not many video makers also make their own music so they can register the audio track…

Ok, so the situation was this. My client could actually upload the video, Facebook told him that the copyright owner (big Indian mobile app developer with more than 7.5mil followers) will be notified, and allowed to upload anyway. I dont know if its something we should be scared of or alarmed by but that music was not registered under my name, hell knows why…
Was is done automatically as in, first come first served? no idea…

Hi,
Do you think we can register with Facebook to something similar than AdRev with YouTube. Apparently AdRev is not ready to worl with Facebook. It could be a big problem if clients can’t use our music on Facebook!!