Extended License should be renewed?

tips-and-tricks

Let’s assume that a customer has bought the ExtendedLicense for an emailTemplate.
Should that license needs to be renewed each year? @natman

Any help would be appreciated, thanks very much for all your precious time.

Any ideas on this one?
Thanks.

As far as I know there is no time limits on the validity of Envato Market licenses (whether Regular or Extended Licenses). I’m aware of two cases where a buyer needs to purchase a new license for the same item:

• When a buyer wants to use an item again to create another end product; or
  • When a buyer uses an item in a series (details here).

As I don’t know what the end product of an Email Template could be like, I’m not sure if the series thing applies on Email Templates.

Hi and thanks a lot for your precious time and support.
Basically, the user has an online marketing platform and wants to offer my tempalte for their customers’ use.

So, they buy and use forever?

Let me get this right. So the user’s customers would be able to use your template just like if they purchased it? Did I get it right?

From what I understand they can use the template indefinitely and are entitled to any updates.

Support on the other hand is restricted to a limited time and must be renewed.

Yes, but surely the owner of the platform charges their customers, so it’S obvious that this should be an extended license… But should it be renewed each year or not? - Thanks for all your precious time once again.

Thanks a lot @BornThemes :slight_smile:

So the user’s customers would have access to the main files that the user downloaded from TF? If so, then the user would need to purchase a new license for each time a customer of theirs uses your item to create an end product.

Not always an Extended License though, it depends on how a customer would publish the actual end product. So if a customer would sell the end product, then the user (your buyer) would need to purchase Extended License for that particular customer’s use.

And if another customer wanted to publish the end product for free, then the user (the buyer) would have to purchase a Regular License for that customer’s use.

Hi, think it like this…:

• User owns Mailchimp (not actually, but I think that’s a great example)
  • User wants to offer one of my templates to their customer base :slight_smile:

I think I’m getting this right. Your buyer’s customers would be able to use your Email Template just like if they purchased it directly from Themeforest. If that’s the case, then your buyer would need a license for each customer. Choosing Extended or Regular depends on how a customer would distribute the end product…

Ok, thanks a for all your precious time once again :slight_smile: