Evanto should give author choose price

Just think on this…
“Envato will always find the best way to sell our products!”.

Why? Because if we make money, they make money. :smile:

1 Like

a simple solution would be: item is accepted with a minimum value and then authors are not allowed to underprice it. a theme that was supposed to sell for $58 in the first place, cannot have its price adjusted to $57

I’d love to create complex items to sell in my non-exclusive account and sell elsewhere too, but as is, I think it’s pointless to sell ~there~ for $10 if the same item will be found here for $5

Letting authors set their own prices is actually a very good idea, but with the current pricing set as the minimum price. Authors should be allowed to price HIGHER if they want to. This works really well on other sites and buyers very often buy the more expensive options.

Single images can be sold for as much as $500, footage regularly sells for $150-200 and music easily sells well for $40-100. Just keep current prices as the minimum.

I agree with authors being able to increase their item price - there are authors that would want to do this, especially those that updated regularly and add more content to their items. Being able to decrease item price would be a race to the bottom.

1 Like