Euro 2016 Official Thread & Predictions Contest!

Hi I’m in!

UJ cheers for the heads up :slight_smile:
Udo the mini league code is 891810 join that.

Good luck everyone.

1 Like

I’m game … Argentina & France … Wish you Goodluck :wink:

Great stuff. I’m in!

###Today’s the big day! France take on Romania on the opening fixture of Euro 2016 in a couple of hours from now. Last chance to sign up (see original post) and get your first batch of predictions entered!

You can follow along and see the Euro Predictions League table right here: https://euros.predictthefootball.com/minileague/overall/5926/2016

G :soccer: :soccer: D LUCK EVERY :soccer: NE! AND ENJ :soccer: Y ALL THE F :soccer: :soccer: T BALL!

4 Likes

Good luck everyone!
Ehhu

cool initiative once again but too bad in my view that all participants are not given a badge … maybe something like 300 people out of a community of millions according to stats displayed in the website … i think it could have been rewarding people who have a sense of community and share with others to get a badge simply for taking part … having special ones for winners being obviously an additional thing

1 Like

I’m in! Give me that badge :sunglasses:

Thanks for the feedback, n2n44! :slight_smile: We actually tried giving all participants a badge in an earlier predictions event but to be honest, it took a loooong time to hand out 200+ badges on an individual basis. So there’s definitely some logic about the new prize format :slight_smile: We will continue to tweak and experiment with contests and prizes along the way until we find something that works for everyone. With 200+ people entering this time, the current prize incentives seem to be working well! I appreciate your feedback though and we’ll keep it in mind for the future, thanks for raising it! :thumbsup:

I must say though, I personally subscribe to the following philosophy, what do you think? :wink:

hi indeed , i most importantly believe in community and taking part in this game to have a friendly event to share with others, so, one way or the other, this is not a big deal if u ask me …

however, as i tried to explain, it seems to me that trying to reward people who want this community to really exist is a good thing . Actually this also shows that authors are being paid a bit attention to and that “community” is much more than just a word, especially considering that winners will be rewarded differently anyway … . I think that sometimes, here, people also do not always keep enough in mind that people need to be valued a bit, especially in an environment which is harder and harder for all as time passes by. Now i am also conscious that both philosophies have supporters and that the decisions are not ours anyway …

thanks for your kind answer and words Scott
have a nice day

2 Likes

Well it does say that the badge is for participating and not for being among the top 5, does it?

I quote: "Joined an Envato Football competition"
Reference: http://codecanyon.net/community/badges

So either change the badge name so it CLEARLY says “Was ranked among the top 5 on Envato’s minileague on predictthefootball.com” or some other title that says what it means…

I’ll do it for you! :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re overlooking something important from the terms and conditions:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this EURO2016. Not so many goals at the moment but every game was really interesting. No one 0-0 :clap:

1 Like

@WildKittyTunes Good observation! It’s showing so far to be a pretty close tournament with only 3 teams (Germany, Italy and Hungary) scoring 2 more goals than the opposition. Teams like England, Portugal, and Belgium are still waiting for their first win. Probably early days of course, but the days of “guaranteed” wins of seeded international teams over lower ranked international teams in tournaments may be over. Iceland (ranked 47th in the world) got a 1-1 result with Portugal (ranked 8th in the world). Just a small part of why football is so good to watch - the team you support always has a chance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly! Really interesting that Germany scored second goal on 90+ min. Italy - 90+ and Hungary 87 min, France scored the winning goal on 89 min :slight_smile: Russia was saved 1-1 on 90+. Oh, i forgot Spain scored their winning goal on 89 min. too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice I’m in!

Copa America come to play off. 8 matches left. Any bonus challenges? Maybe first 25 get bages? :slight_smile:

Ooops, I missed your answer. Thanks Steve!

I have to read it more carefully next time. :slight_smile:

Marek Hamsik, Payet Dimitri and Gareth Baile having great potential for MVP :slight_smile:

I hope Payet keeps up his good form! I would put Wayne Rooney on that list too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

##Football/soccer fans! Check out our first bonus challenge right here!

:soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: