Error message in the GEM Wordpress template category.php file

Hi, I’m creating a word press blog https://www.vogliadistringersiunpo.eu/wp

I purchased the template GEM From Envato Market, I’ve installed and activated it with the related plugins required, except for one “Taxonomy Meta” that does not install due to problems with the plugin api.

But I have another great problem and I understand very little about php language.

So, in the main menu, I have included some categories for example“Rubriche” (parent category) and others for Example “old Rome” (child category).

When I click on the relative menu word press correctly selects all the posts categorized with the reference category but returns this error message: “Warning: array_key_exists () expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in / web / htdocs /www.vogliadistringersiunpo.eu/home/wp/wp-content/themes/gem_tf/category.php on line 18 "
I’ve downloaded from the server, the” category.php "file that I 've attached at this message.

I have already contacted the support of the author of the template, but he does not answer me and only yesterday I realized that he has not responded to support requests for about two years ago.

Unfortunately I always check before buying a template but this time it escaped me … …

Someone can help me to solve the problem?

Thanks again.

Stephen

Processing: category.php…
(upload://fvDqdqdgPaspHMcmy1Bd873sIJr.jpeg)

]()

Hi, here is CodexThemes, authors of TheGem theme. Are you referring to our theme TheGem - Creative Multi-Purpose High-Performance WordPress Theme by CodexThemes ? Looks like you mean some other theme, from another author, is it correct?

Sorry, I didn’t know there was another theme with almost the same name.
No, I am not referring to your theme but to the theme "GEM - Viral WordPress theme, news, magazines created by
“shadow demon”
I would have been very happy that the purchased theme, had been your speed in responding to the customer. Well done!
Thanks for the reply.

Contact the theme author for support

Thanks, but I have already contacted the support of the author of the template, but he does not answer me and only yesterday I realized that he has not responded to support requests for about two years ago.
Unfortunately I always check before buying a template but this time it escaped me … ……
I’ve also contacted Envato support that tell me to try forum support.

Thanks

Try to comment line 17 (put // at the start of the line to disable it).

If that won’t fix it, then your best bet is to hire a developer at studio.envato.com.

Anyway, I highly recommend to find a new theme ASAP. This theme is not only abandoned, it was actually never updated since its release in 2017.
If you can, reply to the Envato Support ticket and tell them about this. Theme like this should have no business being here.

BTW, if you’ve purchased it just recently then you can ask for a refund:

https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-

Yes, i’ve bought the thene about 10 days ago.
I have purchased many themes on envato and have never had a problem with either the authors or the support of envato. This time I didn’t check the author’s profile thoroughly before purchasing the theme. Thanks again for the answer.

Thanks I try to follow your advice.
Yes, I think the request for a refund and the purchase of a new theme is necessary.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Stefano

I disabled line 17 and it seems to work, the warning is gone, clearly I don’t know if the change can cause further problems.
At the moment everything seems ok.
Thanks again you were very kind in answering me.

Stefano