Envato's Most Wanted - $4,000 for Birthday Songs

THIS EVENT IS NOW OVER! WINNERS ANNOUNCED SOON.

We've just put up $4,000 in prize money for Envato's latest most wanted item type - Birthday Songs on AudioJungle!

Did you know that "Happy Birthday" is reported to be one of the most popular songs in the world, and has been estimated to bring in more than $2 Million in license fees each year?  Of course, licensing the use of the traditional "Happy Birthday" song in a video or production can be very complex and costly, often out of reach for everyday folks like you and me.  That's where you come in :)

We think everybody deserves to celebrate their birthdays in style, and with your help we want to make AudioJungle the go-to destination for finding fresh, original songs with music & lyrics all about birthdays.  So we’re running a “Best Item” contest where authors of all eligible Birthday Songs uploaded to the marketplace between June 4th and July 16th will have a chance to win awesome cash prizes.  

What You Can Win!

• $1,500: 1st Place Prize
  • $1,000: 2nd Place Prize
  • $750: 3rd Place Prize
  • $500: 4th Place Prize
  • $250: 5th Place Prize

Plus:

• All winners will receive the much-desired "Won a Most Wanted Contest" badge.

What We’re Looking For

We're looking for awesome, original songs with vocals and lyrics about birthdays.  There are absolutely no genre or length restrictions here, so you can create just about anything you want!  From a shorter kid-friendly jingle to a full on pop billboard style hit, whether upbeat and energetic or slow and sentimental, or anything else in between, just so long as it's about birthdays it's all up to you :)

Music items must meet the following criteria to be eligible:

• Eligible songs must have sung vocals & lyrics themed around birthdays.
  • Eligible items must also include the instrumental version of the song.

Additionally please keep in mind our standard guidelines on submitting music with vocals & lyrics, including:

• All vocals/lyrics should be in English.
  • Native English accents only please.  Songs with noticeably poor grammar, diction, or intelligibility will not be accepted.
  • Songs with excessive or overly complex vocals deemed to significantly diminish commercial utility will not be accepted.
  • Lyrics must be included as text in the item description.

It’s a Contest!

This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read them in full.

Here are the key details:

• Upload your items to Envato Market on or after Thursday, June 4th and before the competition closes on Thursday, July 16th at 23.59 AEST time.
  • The winning files will get a share of $4,000.
  • All winners will receive the much-desired "Won a Most Wanted Contest" badge.
  • An author can enter as many items as they wish.
  • Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
  • An author can win a maximum of one (1) "Best Item" prize.
  • Eligible songs must have sung vocals & lyrics themed around birthdays.
  • Eligible items must also include the instrumental version of the song.
  • Final eligibility of entries is determined by Envato staff.
  • Envato staff to judge "Best Item" prize winners.
  • Envato & judges retain the right not to award “Best Item” prize(s) at their sole discretion if they deem appropriate levels of skill have not been met.
  • Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
  • Only new items uploaded to the site within the contest time period are eligible.
  • The entry deadline is based on the date of the final submission/resubmission leading to the item's approval on Envato Market. Not the date of final approval.

We’ll announce the winners a few weeks after the event closes, and send out the prizes several weeks after that. So, let’s get started!

How to Enter Your Items

What to Do After Your Items Are Approved

Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:

And that's it. Good luck!

Please Read Full Terms & Conditions Here

This sounds like a lot of fun! I am in!!

Question…will there be a new category/subcat for Birthday or should we just put the song in the category it best fits in?

Edit: Actually I see you said “Submit your items to the appropriate Music subcategory” so I guess that answers my question! :slight_smile:

On 18th is my birhtday! It would be the best present"

Second AJ contest with vocals in a row. You guys are lucky i’m not torturing you with my awesome singing skills :bigwink:

Great contest, i start to write the songs right away.

I forgot to ask:
what about length? It’s 2:00 mins as always?

LucaFormicola said

I forgot to ask:

Nope, no length requirements this time. From announcement:

There are absolutely no genre or length restrictions here, so you can create just about anything you want! From a shorter kid-friendly jingle to a full on pop billboard style hit, whether upbeat and energetic or slow and sentimental, or anything else in between, just so long as it’s about birthdays it’s all up to you :)
EricSchwartz said
LucaFormicola said

I forgot to ask:

Nope, no length requirements this time. From announcement:

There are absolutely no genre or length restrictions here, so you can create just about anything you want! From a shorter kid-friendly jingle to a full on pop billboard style hit, whether upbeat and energetic or slow and sentimental, or anything else in between, just so long as it’s about birthdays it’s all up to you :)

Sorry! Stupid question :frowning:

cool…2 competitions at once. Eric, you mad man!

Nice! I’m in! First competition for me!

Are my lyrics allowed to contain the word “goddamn”? :smiley:

Great contest!!!

nice

Great! I’ll try to compete

Lisa is your birthday! Happy birthday Lisa!

Great competition!

BiG_Cloud said

cool…2 competitions at once. Eric, you mad man!

:smiley:

“Native English accents only please. Songs with noticeably poor grammar, diction, or intelligibility will not be accepted.”

I humbly suggest striking the first sentence and keeping the second, which does the whole job by itself without the discrimination.

Inspired by the contest! Uploading a song today))

Great Contest!