Envato 'uploader' vis FTP Dragon!

I have heard that Envato has a plug in that makes FTP a lot easier to do? Is this a myth? Is it real?

I ask because I have a lot of ftp issues and a plug in like this would be a dream come true for me fighting the dragon Filezilla!! Please, someone put me out of my puzzled misery!

1 Like

Never had any issues with Filezilla. What is wrong?

Sorry to take so long to get back to you DT.

I worked out that it was more cost effective to buy a new theme than spend my limited time trying to work out why Filezilla won’t work.

My Filezilla fail? The reason, I think, is that FileZilla may not have liked my Mac and I being on a network at home, that i.e. not connected directly to the internet - I could update via my partner’s PC but I was not keen on bothering him for something I should be able to sort out. I got frustrated at spending valuable ‘making’ time struggling with sorting it out and having to pester technical people who have better things to do.

I am sure Filezilla is a real asset to many, and the failure is my own!

FileZilla is great in most scenarios. I know a lot of people whom swear by it.

Personally, I use Coda2 as it’s my editor as well. For Mac only, works great!

For going between machines (OSX to Windows) I will often use FileZilla, or CuteFTP (it’s premium though).

I really recommend CuteFTP, it’s a simple clean interface that works on both OS and rather reliable (for me).

Envato does have what is called the Envato Toolkit: https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit

Maybe that is what you’re referring to?

Toolkit won’t work but there is a great new plugin coming from Envato soon!

1 Like

I figured it wouldn’t work, but that’s what I thought maybe they were referring to :smile:

Cool knowing about something new is in the works!