Envato Studio and Twenty20 to close

I love twenty20

5 Likes

i agree with everything dedalx says, please provide some way to export reviews from our clients (as CSV for ex.) or leave ability to see Envato Studio providers pages and reviews in read only mode, make site static and cache it , this will cost you nothing.

I may understand your reasons but even if you decide to do so, you should’ve let us know advanced 6 months earlier at least then we could prepare ourselves back to the marketplace. My situation is similar this one but I think I’m a bit lucky to understand the total jobs in the pool was getting lower by the last few months already and started to prepare themes for ThemeForest but this is no good.

Not mentioning the clients I’m working for years… I’m not sure how they would be able to find us.

Can you at least keep the reviews so we could use as reference? You can shut down the entire system but at least not the profile pages…

Same here. The previous month was the lowest in 7-8 years of total earnings.
Earlier 1-2 Express Jobs daily then turn-backs ( additional jobs ). It was 3-5 days to get one Express service - along with the total jobs. ( Daily approx. 100 jobs )

1 Like

Why don’t you guys simply raise the fee from 30% to 45% to compensate for the income loss? It feels like we were thrown under a bus, to be honest.
There are no better alternatives. For example, Fiverr has a bunch of randos who sell Videohive Logo projects for 5-15$. Who can compete with that?

Not to mention service provider/ buyer protection. I still remember when a bloke ordered my service with a stolen credit card and he got banned instantly. Imagine if this happens outside of the site. He gets the finished project and a refund. Dang!

This is really frustrating, there are no good alternatives to Envato Studio, and I have not being focusing on building my marketplace profile @BenLeong you guys should at least extend the date to 6-12 months so that we will be able to work on work our marketplace items

1 Like

Very good suggestions! I totally agree with these.

1 Like

Many of us rely on the steady income from express services to make a living, so really in my case such an abrupt and inconsiderate closure affects me greatly and hits me very hard, especially as I have two young children and a family to continue to support, plus bills that will keep coming in.

With thousands of jobs done on my part (1733+) and 100% buyer satisfaction, I have put a lot of effort and patience into building and maintaining that reputation over the years, to now see it simply disappear as if it were worthless.

This dedication on my part came hand in hand with a long-term commitment and trust with Envato Studio, so honestly receiving this news with just a “heartfelt thank you” really hurts and leaves me feeling helpless. Also, with such short notice it doesn’t give room to look for a “lifeline”.

Envato Studio, could you consider keeping the Express Services? Or at least extend them for this year so that we can continue to earn income from these services. The fact that express services are directly integrated with sales platforms like ThemeForest really makes a difference and adds significant value that other platforms do not have.

I hope Envato will please take into account the effort and dedication of us express service providers who have invested and trusted all these years in Envato Studio, we are people/families who are literally running out of work.

Kind regards,
Maxi

12 Likes

Same condition here. I have two children also… Don’t know what wil happen… :sob::sob:

4 Likes

I came with an idea to use archive.org to get captures.
@all who’s suffering from the same decision, I suggest to get your capture as well. when the Studio website closes down, you could get some proof that you did something in the last 9+ years.

[link removed]

1 Like

Me too, i hope the transition to Elements will be smooth

Very sad with the news.
Many of my friends are in this platform since 6+ years with good reviews and its the main source of income.
This notice is very short - should have been at least 6 months.
Short notice without any alternative is kind of disrespect to the users who have dedicated so long for the company.

As many have suggested - Express theme/plugins jobs would be better to preserve.
This will help service providers with the transition.

Also the profile should be archived along with the contact so that willing ones can contact them outside Envato Studio.

5 Likes

Maybe we could think on gathering our strength to create an alternative to Studio, sharing the costs and time to it (could be something transitional only, Idk… thinking out loud)

#brainstorming

2 Likes

@BenLeong Maybe Envato should keep the Studio and shutdown the twenty20, twenty20 has alternative (the photodune.net),
Studio is integrated with the marketplace and does not have any alternative

1 Like

It’s always a bit sad when you need to close down products. It will allow us to focus even more on our core products, but as a user of both Studio and Twenty20, I’ll be sad to see it go, too.

1 Like

Hi @BenLeong

Thanks for giving us years of support & business.

But it is unfortunate that Envato Studio is leaving its backbone in the middle of the sea with a thank you note!

It is another silent lesson we the service provider need to understand, “Don’t keep all the eggs in a single basket”

It might be a good decision if you sell this platform with a good revenue share to another company that can afford the support (as the reason mentioned in the shutdown email) , at least your service providers have some time to go with the transition. Anyway, it’s a business decision that is up to you. But this transition is passing a big message to the creative members in ThemeForest " Hey guys, Today we burned all together, You authors have the time to save yourself by selling your products using your own website rather than giving $$ commission to a platform and keep the clients with you".

Anyway, good luck with your future endeavors . .Please make a little correction in your shutdown message, It should be an apology for leaving the service providers in the middle of the sea rather than a thank you to be with you on this ship

At the end of the day the people who stood with you with honesty have their #familysuffer

Cheers

8 Likes

Atleast provide Experience letter as a freelancer or some certificate to get job on some other companies.

Our career was under question mark ? How other companies will recruit us. Because without any certificate ir atleast provide certificate as freelancer. It will help to get a job in new company.

1 Like

@BenLeong @KingDog

Please provide a work experience certificate or freelancer certificate in pdf format,
So it will help us to get a job in MNC companies orany other companies.

If we didnt get any certificate, ot will be waste of time and its hard to explain about previous work experience.
We will lose experience of 8 years and have to join as fresher in new company.

Please please consider and share a Work experience letter on mail or something similar certificate.

4 Likes

We are in the process of creating a solution that will hopefully help with your Studio reviews.

3 Likes

Sad to see Studio go ! I am sure Envato must have looked for potential buyers of their platform. The economies are in a bad state, people are taking up less projects, lesser sales.

Hi all. Thank you for all the questions and comments so far - I appreciate that while some of you have said that the Studio closure has felt inevitable for a while now, it is still a shock for many in our community.

I’ve been compiling questions from this thread to raise with other teams within Envato. Please keep them coming, and I’ll make sure these are taken to the appropriate people.

In regards to the question about implications for Envato Market (ThemeForest, VideoHive, AudioJungle etc) - no, there are no plans to close the Envato Market sites. As we have acknowledged here, the Marketplace sites remain the foundation on which Envato is built.

I’ve seen several requests for a way to export all of your Studio customer reviews (e.g. from @dedalx @gfxmotion and others). Our developers are currently looking at options for handling this - we’ll share more details once we have a confirmed solution for this.

We can’t provide customer contact information due to privacy requirements - however, all Envato Studio customers have also been contacted by email about the closure, with a link to the Buyer FAQ for more information.

If you have a freelancer profile on other sites, you can update your Studio profile to promote your work so that buyers know how to contact you off-platform (following the guidelines here).

I’ll keep this thread updated with more answers to questions over the coming days.

1 Like