Envato sale ended prematurely

Hi everyone.

There was a recent sale of themes and I wanted to buy a few items but the sale ended prematurely. This is the information they posted:

The sale ends at 12pm, 26 March (AEDT) so be sure to make the most of this opportunity.

I wanted to make a purchase at 7am UTC which is still hours before the end of sale and the sale was already over.

There is either a bug in the system or they don’t care either way not good. I’ve spent 2 day on deciding what to buy and I’m super disappointed.

Is there anything that I can do now?

This is Australian time and the campaign end around 13 hours ago.

But you can find many discounted items in the envato market by searching category page.
in the search filter there is a checkbox for On Sale
on-sale

There is 11 hours difference so when I wanted to make a purchase it was 6-7pm in Australia. At the time of speaking it’s 01:27 am 27 March 2021 so the sale ended 1 and a half hours ago. It’s obvious this sale ended prematurely.

Edit I see now that where I’m from we use pm differently then some other countries. It’s really confusing why not just write Friday noon 12:00 or midnight 24:00? They are selling this globally and globally there is no consensus over this.

This is a good article on this:

Another problem is that when you select the themes on sale now the wast majority is not even on sale. What is up with that?

The problem is you think it is midnight but it was actually midday (noon) 12 pm.

The 24-hour/day cycle starts at 12 midnight (usually indicated as 12:00 a.m.), runs through 12 noon (usually indicated as 12:00 p.m.)

You can check the clock system here:

The problem is not that I think that way but everyone I know:) Time is just a convention and has no basis in reality so it depends on the culture you grew up. So writing 11:59 am and 23:59 pm removes this confusion.

In the world everyone follow the clock system (given url in my last reply) where 12 noon usually indicated as 12:00 p.m. and 11.59 am. and envato follow this rules and maintain Australian time zone.

Achh, this really sucks. I have the same problem. Wanted to buy a few things. I thought 12pm 26 march means I have til 26th march midnight in my time zone.

Wouldn’t a countdown counter be a better idea next time?

I suggest you read the part “Confusion at noon and midnight” in the article that you’ve sent and you will understand what I mean. I guess I’m used to the old American interpretation:

12 a.m. noon
12 p.m. midnight

yes, agree with you.

But you can try to search because in envato market still there are many items discounted by the items author.

for example in codecanyon:

You can change the market domain for searching to another market.

as like themeforest:

Also you can try to search through market category page (as mentioned in my earlier reply) to this thread.