Envato rejected my second item, no obvious reason

Hello. I’ve just got a note from envato that my second item has been rejected, but can’t seem to figure out why.

"Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “RDTables - Responsive, sortable tables” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements".

I have created HTML/CSS/JS dynamic sortable tables with different color schemes ready for instant use. I have the demo, as well, at http://demo.musingmick.com/rdtable/

With respect your execution is not great.

the design esp typography, spacing, and styling could really do with a lot of work

Ok, let’s say that’s the case they’ve rejected. Then, why won’t I be able to resubmit, nor have I been told that? I mean, I do understand that reviewers are most probably busy, but then again, I can’t figure out for the sake of me why can’t they write a line or two so that author would know what to do about it.

All it means is that this is too far off the standard - you can resubmit it assuming you make enough of a radical change to bring it up to the necessary standard.

The reviewer currently sees that there is too much to feedback on so raising the quality as far as it needs to be will in effect make it almost like a new file.

In your case you need to sort the styling and execution out a lot. But you would also really need to have different layouts, features etc. to give it a proper premium feel and be able to compete.

It’s been discussed thousands of times but feedback on files a long way from the required standard will never and should never happen for several reasons the main ones being:

• There are literally tens - hundreds of thousands of submissions monthly. Even a few lines would slow the process down and already many believe it is too slow as it is

• The main reason being if someone believes their file is ready when it is so far off the mark, then there’s a good chance (of course not every case) that feedback would be pointless as the author may well not understand or be able to action it properly.

• If an author was told to “improve typography” (as an example) and they did so (in the authors opinion) but it was still deemed too weak then this is going to be far more frustrating and potentially cause greater issues than avoiding feedback all together until an item is closer to the right quality.

Hope that adds some clarity.

1 Like