Envato never refund even author agree to refund the money

Hi Guys,

I found out the envato team keep escape when in discussion about refund. The author had promise want to refund and not provide me any support but the envato always dont want to refund. Never see this kind of services bad. :rage:

Thank You

wow, this is really bad, ā€¦ because i want to refund a stupid theme that i have got from and author who basically lied about every thing he promised to deliver.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ya. Envato die with money. I think they should change their refund policy. The policy and their action are totally different way.:rage:

1 Like

I also facing this kind of author. Before purchase, author mentioned a lot of things can do on that theme but after payment was made, then i realize the author was lying to me. Somemore the theme got a lot of bug. Ask for support, they never replied my email at all.

Well I am trying to figure out how to get a refund from a past theme that I purchased from a theme developer called Elated. I bought a theme called search an go and the theme had errors to it so I created a ticked with Elated for there support on how to fix. All they did was make the theme worst. I had to purchase a new theme and I would like a refund from Elated the developer and they deleted my ticket and will not answer my emails about a refund. I am now trying to reach out to Envato about the situation before I do a charge back on my credit card. I would love some one from Envato to help/assist with this being that their 3rd party developer Elated does not want too.

1 Like

Use the links here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-

Do not charge back your credit card or your account here will be locked out for security preventing you accessing the other theme you bought until support can resolve it with the payment company.

1 Like

This is so not cool, I bought an item, author agreed to refund my item but Envato couldnā€™t even be bothered. I have been sending so many support tickets but Envato has simply ignored it!.
this is simply a scam!. Shame on a company that is Australian based, that country is all about consumer rights, but this right here, is pure scam!

BUYERS BEWARE -I am going through the exact same thing. Envato even locked my account when I disputed with paypal. They told me in order to refund, I would have to cancel my paypal dispute so I did and guess what? 2 months later still no refund. The author approved the refund, a statement was issued showing a refund yet Envato will NOT credit it to my account. They want me to open up a whole new refund request/dispute process. Most ridiculous business practice Iā€™ve ever seen all over a lousy $31 for a plugin. I disputed immediately after purchasing.

How convenient for you to lock an account when somebody requests a refund. Is this a way for you to avoid negativity with Paypal?? Because you know Paypal will handle things like this immediately unlike me going through the crap for 2 months now all over $31

Firstly I donā€™t work for envato.

All I was doing is raising something which is in the T&Cs that all buyers agreed to and could otherwise create more frustration. If buyers disagree with it then with all due respect they shouldn;t agree to the terms.

For what itā€™s worth I doubt this has anything to do with envato and PayPalā€™s relationship. Most likely it is to allow envato to investigate what happened, whereby preventing future problems, protecting authors as much as buyers as well as their own business interests; but more than anything to prevent less honest buyers exploiting the system and getting files for free.

2 Likes

Well, I got store credits ā€œbecause my product had already been downloadedā€. How else would I know that it didnā€™t work the way I had hoped and other obj files does?!?!?! The author kindly even said I could ask for a refund. I did so within hours after buying the product.

As mentioned, I got store credit, ā€œso I could purchase something elseā€ - and I only signed up for this account to get that one product, so my money is basically wasted. I have chosen to take it as a lesson learned and have spent this morning letting all my 3D friends know NOT to shop here.

I certainly wish I had read this thread before buying, then I would have spent my money somewhere else.
It is not the authorā€™s fault, I blame Envato for this.

Did you pay with a deposit and credits or did you buy the file directly?

If you mean me, I paid through PayPal, no credits involved

I mean did you deposit funds and buy the item or did you pay the exact amount for the item (plus any surcharge like $2 for PayPal)

In almost every case they refund in the same method as the item was bought

I paid $9 for the item and $1 fee for PayPal.

The reply I got said they added the the amount as store credit to my account, which they have - but I didnā€™t want that; I wanted my money back since I am not going to shop here again.

Sent them a message but apparently they donā€™t care. Not a very good reputation to get.

Iā€™m just going to call my bank and have the send me the money back. It is quite clear that iā€™m not the only one with this problem. They do not have an easy way of doing thisā€¦ But i doā€¦ I even paid for support and it took him 5 replies over 6 days. This is a time sensitive project for me. I just found a better theme elsewhere.

Itā€™s your perogative but just FYI - if you open a payment dispute that way then your entire account is likely to be blocked which will prevent assess to all items not just the one you are trying to refund until it is investigated.

I donā€™t have any other products to worry about. Itā€™s the only product that I purchased. Iā€™ve never used themeforest in my life. And I never will again. I only used it because one of my clients suggested the theme period but I have come to figure out how to remake this theme no problem.

My issue was solved by Chris, team leader. Thank you, Chris.

2 Likes