Envato Market WordPress Plugin (beta)

Getting this message when I try and install anything via this plugin now.

Was working fine before

Downloading the Envato Market install package…

Download failed. cURL error 35: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

anyone else?

Most probably your server runs an old version of cURL with an old TLS (PayPal and Stripe and many APIs now require, since 2016, the communication via TLS 1.2, older version of TSL, 0.x or 1.0 not being supported anymore)

You can find the cURL and TLS version running the http://php.net/manual/ro/function.phpinfo.php

There is a plugin which helps you to find out if your server can communicate via TLS 1.2 and it will show you the required steps to upgrade the server version of OpenSSL, PHP, or direct you to update the SSLVERSION of CURL:

1 Like

it’s Great!

As a developer, I have a few questions:

1. Do I have to buy a WP project in order to test this plugin? My own projects do not show up. On the “Create a token” page, there is no option to select to be able to download your items, only purchased items.

2. Is there a documentation page with all of the information related to this plugin? Such as what to do as a developer, what to do as a client, what is the expected behavior, etc. I could not find any.

3. What do I have to do as a plugin developer? Just include the github.php file in my plugin?

4. What is the expected behavior when including the github.php file? Should a notification be shown when the Envato Market plugin is not installed?

5. Is this the only way to develop automatic updates nowadays? Is there an alternative?

I would really love to use this plugin but I can’t make it to work and it’s upsetting me… I think I have followed each of the installation steps successfully. I downloaded it from Github, installed it as any other zipped plugin and entered both the global and single use oauth personal tokens. To this point I get everything correct. My Themeforest theme is recognized and I get an option to update it. But the problem comes when I hit ‘Update’. When I do this from the Envato menu it says it is updating forever and never does. And when I hit update directly from Appearance > Themes I get the following error message: "Update Failed: Update package not available."
My question is: am I not able to make the plugin work because I’m using a theme that is bundled with other plugins such as Revolution Slider and Visual Composer or is this plugin deprecated and no longer working? I have also tried to download the zipped file from the gh-pages branch as indicated in the installation description but once I want to upload it I get a failed plugin install with the following message: “The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.” PLEASE HELP

Hi CreativeTier,

Do I have to buy a WP project in order to test this plugin? My own projects do not show up. On the “Create a token” page, there is no option to select to be able to download your items, only purchased items.

The Envato Market Plugin was simply designed to allow customers to update their purchases from within WordPress. Unlike Toolkit before it, the new plugin uses our OAUTH Tokens to connect to Envato. In order for a product to show within the plugin interface, a valid license (purchased) must be attached to the Envato account used to generate the OAUTH Token. So it will only display purchases at this time.

Is there a documentation page with all of the information related to this plugin? Such as what to do as a developer, what to do as a client, what is the expected behavior, etc. I could not find any.

Regrettably, there is no extensive documentation for now. All of the information is contained within the GitHub page: https://github.com/envato/wp-envato-market and this thread.

What do I have to do as a plugin developer? Just include the github.php file in my plugin? What is the expected behavior when including the github.php file? Should a notification be shown when the Envato Market plugin is not installed?

You’ll only need to add the GitHub.php file if you wish to include a prompt to install The Envato Market Plugin with your own product. The GitHub.php file can be found here. No further development is required to enable your own products to be updated via the Market Plugin.

(For search reference, due to it being a frequently asked question): An extremely basic example would be to drop the GitHub.php file into the file structure of your own product and then add include(‘github.php’); to the plugin file itself. The result is an admin prompt to install the plugin: http://envato.d.pr/cgEdko/BUg418nH

My question is: am I not able to make the plugin work because I’m using a theme that is bundled with other plugins such as Revolution Slider and Visual Composer or is this plugin deprecated and no longer working? I have also tried to download the zipped file from the gh-pages branch as indicated in the installation description but once I want to upload it I get a failed plugin install with the following message: “The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.” PLEASE HELP

Hi germanpro,

Please open a ticket here.

We’ll take a look at this with you in more detail.

Thanks,

If the project “Main Files” contain more than the plugin zip (such as the guide, source files, etc), is Envato Market able to properly identify the plugin file when a user installs or updates the plugin?

Does the “Optional WordPress Plugin” field during the project upload, where you add a zip with the plugin file alone, have anything to do with this?

I just tried the Envato Market WP Plugin for the first time last night and it rocks! I am getting ready to install it on several other websites. Do I need to generate a token for each website or do I use the same one for all? (My guess is that it is the former.) Thank you!

This plugin caused so many requests that we were getting 502 errors when accessing the dashboard. WPEngine helped us locate the problem and we had to manually delete it.

It would be useful for everyone if the issue would be reported on github issues page too:

And a question for everyone:

So is the plugin still maintained/supported/recommended?

I find it very useful, is it recommended or not at this moment to include it in new plugins?

2 Likes

Wow nice work.

Hello

What should be done if when using the tool, instead of updating the theme it says this

Downloading the Envato Market install package…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists.

Theme install failed.

Thanks

I don’t want to create a new global auth code everytime I want to use the plugin

How can you find the previous token

Is this plugin ever going to move off RC2? I am loathed to install beta software in a production environment, especially one that does not report why it does not work. Silent failure is not good enough.

I am holding off Envato purchases simply because of bad experiences using this beta product.