Envato Market plugin Stack locks up WP, no documentation available now

I installed this wordpress theme plus associated plugins sold on Envato Market (Stack) , it locked up my Wordpress installation (V 5.2.14). Did this three or four times and a clean wipe in between to make sure. No luck. The included demo data download did not work after trying it several times, nor did the page builder Variant that they include as part of the purchase. I’m not a noob; I’ve been building WP sites since version 1.8.

I checked the documentation link provided by the author here: https://tommusrhodus.ticksy.com, and it does NOT give you documentation, instead it returns an error message of: “This Ticksy account is Inactive. If you are the owner of the account and want to recover it, please contact Ticksy’s support department!”.

I’ve emailed the author three times with no response, and if you look on the sales page for the product, the LAST time the author responded to anyone was six months ago. I think he’s in Belize by now.

I’ve emailed Envato Market seven times, and each time, they say “email the author”. I did, three times. They are also threatening to lock access to my Envato account if I file a dispute directly with Paypal. So I’m doing that now.

This is their thinly veiled threat: “Hi! Before you proceed please note that raising a dispute with PayPal will result in your Envato account being automatically locked. This is done as a security precaution and may cause delays in resolving your issue. If you would still like to raise a dispute you can do so, but our preference is to work with you to resolve the issue you’re having with your item, so if you haven’t yet contacted us directly, please do that first via https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or by emailing support@envato.com Thank You Envato Customer Success Team.”.

I’ve been emailing them now for two weeks, supplied everything they asked for, and they’ve done nothing. I am never going to purchase anything from them again.