Envato March Sale 2021 Campaign FAQ

Hi all. Promotion for the March Sale has started going live, with the big launch email for each marketplace going live later tonight (Melbourne time - so early morning for most customers).

This sale is our first fully on-site event, instead of using a separate landing page. That means that customers can use the full range of filters and categories when finding items, instead of replicating a smaller set of item categories on a separate site. This hasn’t previously been possible, as most of the tools required to do this are new.

We’re sending most customer traffic towards pages like these (ThemeForest example) on each marketplace. You’ll see affiliate posts, social media, emails, blog posts and on-site marketing for this campaign, including sale promotion via the header bar and category pages.

@Pixamins That image is for the top of the Item Description field (shown immediately below the preview) - you can see an example of it being used on this item page:

I’ll check with our Design team to make sure the branding instructions aren’t giving people the wrong instructions.

Wasn’t there an extra landing page for this sale last year?

2 Likes

i haven’t even been able to work out how to upload an image to the page perhaps you could explain and in the meantime i will make the image the correct size in return.

Looks like they are trying something new. They are not having any landing page this time, but now I don’t understand what is the point of applying for their selection process when other authors can put their item on discount and present their item on the same page. What kind of strategy is this!

1 Like

Exactly. We did not participate in March Sale last year, but I closely observed our competitors, and they got close to 200 purchases during the sale, and that was a reason we join this promotion. (I’m generally against this policy and race to the bottom with prices).
This time so far they are around 60, and our sales are a bit better then usual, but in terms of earnings it’s basically the same, we have to sell twice as many to earn the same amount. I’m pretty sure the landing page last year brought better results, at least in our niche.

3 Likes

That true at least for the items that weren’t on the first page of the main page (without diving into category).

A dedicated campaign page generally has much better presentation with much less clutter. The categorization is usually clear at the top with more prominent filtering, and more items are shown in a grid view (4 per row usually).

Hi @UnitedOver. Regular discounted items won’t appear on the March Sale pages that we’re sending customer traffic to (e.g. AudioJungle’s March Sale link) - those only show items that are part of the official promotion.

There will be a lot of post-campaign analysis to start on next week, as this year’s March Sale model has introduced several changes (more items, on-site instead of separate landing page, shorter duration etc). I’ll see what we can share from that process, and you’ll also see the sale model continue to evolve in other events throughout the year.

So after sale has ended, concluding from the total sales number in our “niche” https://themeforest.net/popular_item/by_category?category=wordpress%2Fcorporate%2Fdirectory-listings and that most of our competitors patricipated in the March sale, I can say that this was a disaster and probably the worst sale by now in terms of sales number and earnings. I see some themes made less than in average standard week.

would like to know upcoming promotion sale. thanks