Envato March Sale 2021 Campaign FAQ

Overview

What is the March Sale Campaign?

Envato’s marketing team are putting together our annual March Sale campaign that will feature 40% off selected items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive and AudioJungle. We are excited to announce that this year’s selected items will be promoted on a dedicated page within ThemeForest and promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates.

Our March Sale campaign will be live between Monday 22nd March 1am (UTC) and Friday 26 March 1am (UTC) 2021.

Convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here

Detailed timeline of events

• Monday 15 February: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Saturday 20 February: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
  • Tuesday 2 - Monday 8 March: During these dates we will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
  • Monday 22 March: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected March Sale items at 12:30am UTC. The sale live on-site from 1am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
  • Friday 26 March: Promotional campaign ends at 1am UTC and item prices will be returned to their original price automatically at 1:30am UTC.

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in this thread:

Will there be a campaign landing page used during this campaign?

Unlike our previous campaigns, the 2021 March Sale will not be displaying items on a separate landing page. Instead, an on-site sale page will be featured on each participating marketplace (e.g. ThemeForest, AudioJungle), which will display campaign items for the item type of that marketplace.

This method allows customers to browse the sale items using the full range of Envato Market item filters.

Item selection

How many items will be selected for this campaign?

The number of items selected for this campaign will be determined by the quantity and quality of the nominations. We encourage you to nominate the best of your portfolio!

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be in the campaign?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for the promotion via email between Tuesday 2nd and Monday 8th March. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for the promotion.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (2nd March), please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.

If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.

Will you add more items during the sale?

On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the campaign will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

General questions

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed. Promotional prices are applied to March Sale items on 22nd March, 12:30am (UTC).

After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price on 26th March, 1:30am (UTC) You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

• If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account, with confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign.
  • We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
  • The discount will be applied to March Sale items on 22nd March, 12:30am (UTC)

Why are campaign items discounted before the on-site sale page and marketing goes live?

There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our on-site sale page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.

Will this campaign count towards the 60 days that this item can be discounted per year?

No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.

Can I nominate my item while it’s currently discounted?

Yes, if you have used our Manage Discount tool to set a discounted price, you are able to nominate your item even when it is currently discounted. Using the Manage Discount tool does not affect the stability of your original item price. To remain eligible for selection your discount needs to finish before the campaign start date and you will need to keep your original price stable after your discount ends.

However, if your scheduled discount clashes with the dates of the campaign (March 22 - March 26), the discount you have set will take priority and your item will not be eligible for selection.

Can I update my extended license type of an item in the campaign?

The campaign discount only applies to the standard licence type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (between 2nd - 8th March), the extended licence original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends on 26th March, 1:30am (UTC).

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

2 Likes

Hi! If i, for example, today changed the price of an item, does it mean that this item cannot take part in the campaidn? :thinking:

yes, you are right according to:

Pricing Promotion Rules

Consistent Price: Your item must have been listed at a clear, stable and consistent price to be eligible for inclusion in our campaign. As is always the case, eligibility will be determined by Envato, factoring in a number of different things, including whether your item has been listed and sold at the same price for the 30 days leading up to the promotion period. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more details.

1 Like

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please tell me, are participation is taken by items that are on the site for more than 30 days or freshly approved ones too?

Selection criteria

• You must be the author of any items that you are nominating
  • Items must be high-quality, presented well, and up-to-date

You should to check your marketplace (audiojungle) file nominations page details and faq.

1 Like

Thank you!

@BenLeong Will there be a new badge for users who get approved with their items for campaign?

Thanks

Thanks for the questions so far!

Your items don’t need to have been on the site for more than 30 days, in order to nominate them for this campaign. Newly approved items are fine :slight_smile:

No - we don’t have any plans to add a new badge for this campaign. We’re hoping that everyone in the campaign will see a lot of new customers and make more sales, though!

This one’s a bit tricky to answer, as it depends on how that price was changed. Altering the item’s original price within 30 days of the campaign launch will prevent it from taking part in this campaign. Running a discount (via the Manage Discount tool) will not, as that doesn’t change the original price. I’m going to add this to the FAQ for the current (and future) campaigns:

Can I nominate my item while it’s currently discounted?
Yes, if you have used our Manage Discount tool to set a discounted sale price, you are able to nominate your item even when it is currently discounted. Using the Manage Discount tool does not affect the stability of your original item price. To remain eligible for selection your discount needs to finish before the campaign start date and you will need to keep your original price stable after your discount ends.

If your scheduled discount clashes with the dates of the campaign (March 22 - March 26), the discount you have set will take priority and your item will not be eligible for selection.

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

Is it ok if we submit our items now? and How do we submit items to your event?

Hi Magentech! Nominations for this campaign have now closed, with just over 6.5k items nominated across the five marketplaces.

Our Campaigns team will begin contacting the authors of selected items from March 2. They’re currently in the process of ranking and choosing items for the campaign, based on our customer analytics data.

1 Like

@BenLeong Normally only the main category is shown on the landing page according to all past campaigns. There is no filter available for searching subcategory items. It will better good. if will added any filter for find perfect items.

I have a question: my track has been selected for March Sale Campaign. I would like to change a few things in the main music track (not price). Is it allowed? Is it possible now, or I should do it after Sale Campaign? I would not want to lose the opportunity to sell it in this Campaign.
If noone is allowed to answer, where I can writte an e-mail with this quastion? Thanks for help.

Can I update my all ready selected item?

Of course, you can, just don’t change the price!

2 Likes

@Kirk-Monteux & @Fox_Production - yes, you can update your items without affecting their eligibility for the March Sale campaign. The only change that would prevent an accepted item from going into the sale would be a price change made after Feb 20.

@HarnishDesign This campaign won’t use a separate landing page, like we’ve done in previous ones. The sale items will be displayed directly on the marketplace sites, using something similar to the existing “view items on sale” filter available on category pages.

That means we can include many more items in the March Sale (previously there wasn’t much value in having over ~100 per marketplace, as items would be buried under other things on the landing page), as customers can use the full range of subcategories and filters.

We’ll be sending traffic to the March Sale content via our usual marketing channels - customer emails, social media, affiliate posts etc.

2 Likes

Why this time no specific sale Marketing page? Currently, Products highlighted in just a regular way.

1 Like

Question:
You sent a 590x332 banner for the preview image, unfortunatelly the preview image needs to be 1920x1080!
Here is the message when uploading a 590 preview image on my item page:
“Preview Image must be 1920x1080px or 2560x1440px but provided image was 590x332”