Envato isn't responding and so is the Author of the item.

Greetings!
I purchased a item 2 days ago (2019-05-18) . I download the item and browsed it for about 2 hours and found out that the code is broken and documentation isn’t available. It requires multiple 3rd party plugins (premium) to work. I sent the email on the same day (2019-05-18) to the the author and the email turns out to be broken (Not working) I sent the email to Envato via the “Refund Request Form” and got an automated response asking me to wait for the author’s response. The author’s response in the comments are from an year ago. You can have a look at people complaining about support regarding the broken source code but the author doesn’t reply. (https://codecanyon.net/item/icymobi-allinone-ecommerce-app-solution/17387559/comments ) Please help me with the refund so I can buy a different item.

Please help me out. I need the refund to buy a different item. I’ve been waiting since a week but none of the parties are responding.

Hi

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your purchased item. Please you have to wait for 7 days. If the author not response within 7 days then after 7 days you will get a link (refund details page) to dispute the refund. After making the dispute the envato support team will review the refund request and take action as necessary. Hope you understand.

Thanks

duplicate thread

please wait 7 days then you can dispute.