Envato Hack Fort - November 2015

this sounds great so thumbs up for this :wink: thanks to all who are making useful things for authors

Great to being going back to the review queue bar!

who is in the icon team i freakin’ love it new sales data yesssss c:

What is “Jingles. A trial service for buying and selling jingles by The Jingles”?. It would be too cool just to have just a bit of a clue :smile:

I hope its per Marketplace like Themeforest Review Times, CodeCanyon review times etc…

Also, As a Part 3, any chance @johnsyweb to add it to the Envato API ?

Looking forward to it!

Awesome! thumbs up for this hack event :smile:

NO WAY THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Any plans on bringing this info into the “Author Dashboard Pending Upload” area or will it be kept separate on status.envato.com ? Thanks!

I am getting goosebumps for your hack event!! Excited!

Hey Guys.

How about API:

a. Option to answer to comments via API, you promised that will be done, but it’s almost half year and never got done.

b. Option to show all the comments that doesn’t have an answer,

Can’t wait for some of these updates, especially review queue update.

Add review queue times to the API? It’s not beyond the realms of possibility. I cannot make any promises, though.

1 Like

Hey! I have a farm for “Jingles” :smiley: :smile:

Glad to see the comments here and it’s encouraging to hear that you’ve like what you’ve seen! The status, review and sales data projects in particular seem to have struck a chord. Our teams are done with their Hack Fort projects now. We’ll see what comes of our next Hack Fort in 2016. I’ll post again then.

Great “Hack Fort”. Is the review queue status live or is it postponed till 2016?

Hey Hack Fort peoples!

The new “Envato Market” plugin is coming really soon. This will let buyers install/update WordPress purchased themes/plugins easily.

In its current form this will place a huge additional load on the API. Think about thousands upon thousands of WordPress installs hitting authenticated API endpoint checking for the “theme/plugin” version number.

A quick way to avoid this may be to create a new versions.envato.com service that we can hit (unauthenticated) to get the latest version of a WordPress theme/plugin. This can be cached and would greatly reduce load on the API.

Something like http://version.envato.com/2833226 would return {"2833226":"3.8.7"} and something like http://version.envato.com/2833226,242431 would return {"2833226":"3.8.7","242431":"4.8.1"}

If any of the hack teams are wrapping up maybe they can take a stab at this? The Envato Market plugin is getting close to release. :slight_smile:

quality.market.envato.com is now live! Read all about it here.

3 Likes

Hey @johnsyweb :slight_smile: just wondering what the status.envato.com system is tracking on the API? Some reports of API down time but nothing showing on status. Envato API - Down again ?

What the status.envato.com system is tracking on the API?

We use a combination of Pingdom and New Relic to pull in those metrics.

Some reports of API down time but nothing showing on status

The uptime checks are only using a single defined endpoint which we have setup to confirm the availability of the API - we do perform checks from multiple geographical regions to check for region based network issues but I think you would have already seen the issue in that first sentence :wink:. In this case, it looks like check endpoint was responding as expected however there were some underlying issues that didn’t bubble up and mark it as unavailable. Clearly this approach is not the most ideal and as our API grows more complete and complex we need to look to a more robust solution. To remedy this, we’ve started discussions with the teams at Envato around the next steps to increase the external end to end test coverage of these API’s so that we are alerted to these issues earlier.

1 Like