Envato End-of-Year email campaign FAQs

General information

What is the 2021 End of Year campaign?

We’re running an email-based promotion during December, which will feature a new batch of content each week for four weeks. This continues a successful campaign model that we have run through December for the last few years, keeping our customers engaged and active across the Christmas and New Year period. We’ll be sending emails to our Envato Market customers at the start of each week, and a reminder at the end of each week.

Each week we’ll be promoting a selection of items: some on sale at a 50% discount, and some free files. Items in this campaign will be chosen from across ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive and AudioJungle.

If selected, your items will be featured in one of the following batches:

• Week 1: December 6-12
  • Week 2: December 13-19
  • Week 3: December 20-26
  • Week 4: December 27 - January 2

Detailed timeline of events

• Monday, 1 November: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Saturday, 6 November: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
  • Monday 15 November - Friday, 19 November: During these dates we will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.

Week 1

• Monday 6 December: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Week 1 items. Week 1 launch email is sent to customers.
  • Friday 10 December: Week 1 “final hours” reminder email is sent to customers.
  • Sunday, 12 December: Week 1 items return to their normal prices.

Week 2

• Monday 13 December: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Week 2 items. Week 2 launch email is sent to customers.
  • Friday 10 December: Week 2 “final hours” reminder email is sent to customers.
  • Sunday, 19 December: Week 2 items return to their normal prices.

Week 3

• Monday 20 December: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Week 3 items. Week 3 launch email is sent to customers.
  • Friday 24 December: Week 3 “final hours” reminder email is sent to customers.
  • Sunday, 26 December: Week 3 items return to their normal prices

Week 4

• Monday 27 December: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected Week 4 items. Week 4 launch email is sent to customers.
  • Friday 31 December: Week 4 “final hours” reminder email is sent to customers.
  • Sunday, 2 January: Week 4 items return to their normal prices

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in this thread:

Will there be a landing page used during this campaign?

No - this campaign will be promoted via email to our Envato Market customers.

Item selection

How many items will be selected for this campaign?

The number of items selected for this campaign will be determined by the quantity and quality of the nominations. We encourage you to nominate the best of your portfolio!

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion via email between 15th-19th November. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (19th November), please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.

If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed, when that week’s batch goes on sale.

After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price. You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

• If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.

• We will provide confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign, which batch of items it will be in and additional information about the campaign process.

• The discount will be applied to campaign items and they are added to the campaign page as per timeline above.

Will this campaign count towards the 60 days that this item can be discounted per year?

No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.

Can I update my extended license type of an item in the campaign?

The campaign discount only applies to the standard licence type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (on 19th November), the extended licence original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends.

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

2 Likes

Is this for seasonal tracks or tracks of any kind?

Hi @52WEST! Any type of item can be nominated for this promotion - if you’d like to nominate a seasonal track, you are welcome to :slight_smile:

Hi there. As mentioned - “Each week we’ll be promoting a selection of items: some on sale at a 50% discount, and some free files”. Does it mean that my nominated items can be offered for free?

I have one question: should I set up the 50% discount of my item, or it will be set automatically?

automatically

Thanks a lot!

Hi all! Thanks for the questions so far :slight_smile:

@Aristarkh Items selected for the campaign will be discounted automatically - we’ll contact all the relevant authors beforehand, so they know that when the discount will be applied to their items.

@SMART_Point We’re currently taking nominations for the discount items (50% off) in this campaign.

We’ll be using our existing Free Files nomination threads (Oct-Dec) to select free items to accompany these - each week’s campaign email will each feature a selection of discount items, plus three free files.

2 Likes

Hi! can only one track be sent?

Hi! Can we still submit for the campaign? We saw the Black Friday Announcement but this one never showed up on our home page

This one is now closed, sorry - we ran some Market dashboard notices promoting the nomination period, but took them down after this closed on Saturday 6th.

Our Email team is currently sorting through the nominations (a little over 4k items!), and will be contacting authors next week.