Envato Elements: Worth for VH Authors?

Yeah, that’s a point… I’ve put the Elements earnings in my July earnings column when I should be putting it in June. Will re-run the numbers, but they’re still looking promising.

It’s not so much being surprised about the big income, it’s more about being surprised at the increase in total earnings over what they’d be if Elements didn’t exist. The things you mention may damage VideoHive to an extent, but my point is that even if it does, you’'ll probably make it up in the increased Elements earnings.

No because Videohive sells items for the separate price. 1 item on videohive can cost 33$ (for example)
Elements sells 2000 AE templates for 33$ (month sub) and imagine after 2 years there will be around 10k AE templates. Would you as a client buy something from videohive? I don`t think so… or at least very rarely

1 Like

So you’re wanting to implement changes that will reduce the success and/or popularity of Elements?

We don’t sell the same black oil. Every project is unique. Of course, if author copy other items, it will be just a duplication. And it’s a problem of the author, who create the same thing over and over again.
If your project is unique, if you don’t upload it on Elements, Elements will not do any harm to you, and your work.

1 Like

All i want is fair balance between Elements and Videohive. Because if there won t be any balance then there will be only one platform left. Envato won`t let avarage authors on Elements (and that is fair and smart)
However, there is no real information how to get into Elements yet. If it requires some elite badge from Videohive then again it will be harder now to achieve. I hope there will be atleast a portfolio review or something to get into Elements.

P.S Perhaps i dramatize it too much since as far as i know Themeforest has Elements for a long time and maybe i need to ask them if the market place is still alive.

If you would like to be a part of Elements, you can submit a simple form.

2 Likes

Hello, guys. :slightly_smiling_face: Can you please confirm which VideoHive month I should compare the last Elements report. As you say it seems with June (not July), correct?

Yes, June. Because current report represent subscribers who paid in June on Elements.

1 Like

whether it is possible to expect that the number of subscribers in July-August will grow by June, and the number of downloads will increase in the autumn. So the income will grow?

Thanks! What i can say, I am pretty happy so far. Also miracle or some crazy stuff don’t happened (comparing with top sellers on AJ or VH amounts). My VH sales lowered for last months, but overall earnings is a bit higher than my average with this last report. Cheers! :metal: :sunglasses:

I think there would be people who subscribe for one month, download as much as possible and leave.
But in the other hand not all potential customers subscribe on June. Audience will definitely grow. Plus there will be new items on Elements, so those, who subscribe only for one month, they should re-subscribe again.
I think next few month there would be increase of earnings.

2 Likes

Hard to predict in my eyes. It might as well be that the June report will be the best for a long time as this was when all the marketing efforts went into promoting the video section, new subscribers were gained just for this section and a lot of existing subscribers maybe just wanted to try out video when it came out. Or got the stuff they needed and are done with it for the coming months.

I do prepare myself for July Report being less than June because of all of this not having such a big effect then. And as soon as the next section starts on Elements, and all marketing efforts go to that section, we might see a harsh decrease.

Time will tell, I hope of course earnings will grow, but the doubts that all of this is not a long-time sustainable model is still in my head.

Waiting for July Report begins now :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes, it sounds logical.
The best way to know, is to ask other authors from Themeforest and Graphicriver. Nevertheless, I got much more than expected. 20% for me is enough if there would be no influence on Videohive earnings.

Graphicriver was like the first section that Element got, if I remember it correctly, so they didn’t really got the benefit of having tons of subscribers getting access to a new section for the first time. They actually had to build a working market from the ground up with their files and they most probably saw an always increasing amount every month for the first year or more.

Maybe themeforest authors can give some insights, yes.

It is nice to hear that your Videohive earnings didn’t take a hit. I had a noticable impact on my videohive sales when Elements started in June, and they haven’t recovered since.
It is logical that marketplace earnings will most probably decrease and envato staff actually did confirm that it is like this.

I guess your items are unique enough so that they are not as endangered by element’s offerings, or you had actually an increase in sales that evened out with the decrease from elements.
Whatever it is, I like to hear sales are the same for you as before :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t make something extraordinary that would increase my earnings, work as always, produce items as always. My graph looks stable.
Big part of my top sales items are also present on Elements. And I see a little bit decrease in earnings on Videohive from those items. But not so significant 5 - 20%. It also maybe a summer influence.
But most income from Elements I get from logo reveals, which was popular several years ago on Videohive, but now they are lost somewhere on search among thousands of other logo reveals. So I may say Elements give them another life.
What I see is that unique big projects are best for Videohive. Small ordinary projects are best for Elements. Maybe because “average” Videohive customer looks for something specific to his needs. And Elements subscriber wants quantity, simple and fast to edit items.

August looking really promising as well already! Congrats! Could end up higher than May.

Here is my graph, Elements impact is very noticable.

edit: one could say the impact of ADP is noticable as well (starting in February) but it is not as significant and could have other reasons.

July at first was great too. You may see my post here.
I don’t know why, but I get lots of sales on the first part of month, and then they fall down.

UPD: Yes, in your case it’s really noticeable. It can’t be just a summer.

The last day of a month is always very bad for me, I always think that customers want to drag the expenses over in the next month and then around the second or third day in the next month sales are good again :smiley:

1 Like