Envato Elements: Worth for VH Authors?

I think the main point for authors is if they would like to make more money in general… or they would like to earn more from one customer, even if general earnings will be lower.

I have 5 pages like this :slight_smile:
but what about CONTRIBUTOR BONUS in May?

Although it being more expensive, this is also possible on Market. Someone could buy your stuff and then claims it is his own, which is theft, basically. But I already said it, someone stealing your work is not legal and there are actions you can take against that but with digital goods there is always the risk and possibility.

Elements gives easier access to the assets but the problem of warez and intelectual property theft is a whole different story. If your work gets stolen, does it please you more if you received $8 for it on videohive instead of 8 cents on Elements? Both would still leave a bad taste in your mouth and in both cases actions should be taken against the person stealing your work.

This is not an Element specific problem.

1 Like

You are free to use this information as you wish. :wink:

the right is there but no mind …) you put a stick on the wheel, in the form of awareness for competitors.

It is not, but Elements facilitates this a lot. The thief would pay 8$ to steal 1 of my items. Now he pays 29$ to steal my whole portofolio.

4 Likes

I am very confused that envato chose to do this kind of tool elements, it is obvious that for authors is not a good deal, if we feed this monster it will destroy the marketplace in the end which again makes me wonder is it really so profitable for envato to basically play this game. I really don’t get it.

1 Like

I didn’t say anything new, Envato and web.archive gives enough information to find out this information by yourself.

you can see my report on the Elements …? Wow…

Nice earning you got from “Female Hiker Reads Book At The Forest” :wink:

Dont worry, Envato do get it, which is the important thing. We’ll all get it in time.

Guys (and ladies), I got some 23$ tax withheld from may earnings. Is it ok?

Depends on your country. I have 30% taxes.

Thanks! My country have 0% on marketplaces, but got 10% here. Just want to be sure it’s not a bug?

Check this help article to understand more: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000424886-Why-are-withholding-taxes-different-between-Envato-Elements-and-Envato-Market-

2 Likes

Got it! Thanks for help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just received my first earning from elements and I earned 10,07% of what I earned on VH on the same month.
I uploaded all my templates to elements to do this initial test.

Thank you for sharing. The entire marketplace is suffering with a few exception and I am more and more convinced the elements is the main reason.

ouch

how many files did you have on elements?