envato elements @ Wordpress/Elementor: where to place picture credits?

hi there,

when building a wordpress website using

• Wordpress
  • Elementor
  • Envato Elements plugin

where do i need to place the picture credits? Or will the envato plugin take care of that?

from where have you collected the pictures?

hi there,

pictures are imported into wordpress by envato licencing plugin, i have envato elements subscription

may be those imported pictures are free for personal use and not required credit. in this case you don’t need to credit picture but if your theme suggest to provide credit then you can give credit at footer of your website.

Thanks

Sorry that is a Bit too much of maybe, I would appreciate a direct answer from envato.

The information on elements.envato.com states you need no credits.

But everywhere in the web people and lawyers shout “credit every picture!” So there is a big discrepancy…

Hey @MattBlox,

If you’re using free photos from the Internet, you typically will need to give credit (attribution) to the original author(s) of those images.

However, Envato Elements is a premium service with premium photos. They aren’t free - instead, they are available through your paid subscription. One great benefit of this is that you don’t need to give credit (attribution) for those photos. Of course, you’re more than welcome to do so if you like! The authors of the photos will greatly appreciate it.

The Envato Elements WordPress plugin only shows you premium photos from Envato Elements. Any photos you use from that plugin receive an active, permanent, commercial license to use that photo on your website without any attribution/credit, so you don’t need to worry about this at all. :slight_smile:

If you want to learn more about the license for those photos, see here:

Hope that clarifies it for you!

thanks for the statement!

Is this more or less the same for most stock media or is is envato here special?

No problem! :slight_smile:

It ultimately depends on the licenses set forth by the companies selling stock assets, but it’s almost always the same case for any premium/paid-for stock assets. Envato certainly isn’t unique in this area, but they do have one of the larger collections of photos under a single attribution-/commercial-free subscription that I’ve seen.

Cheers!