Envato Elements: Update & Future Plans

I would like to chime in on this topic. I am a member of Envato Elements and all I can say is they need to do a much better job. I do not think Envato really understands what is happening with Elements.

1 - Some theme demos are not even working resulting in blank pages.
2.- Many files using Akeeba backup have corrupt installs or errors.
3. Some themes are sold outdated they can not take advantage of php7 and J3.6 or 7
4. There are many themes that you can not install due to errors or are completely missing quickstarts.

Here is another big one.

Envor - Joomla 3 theme on TF is $100.00. On Elements it is free. Here is the link.

Only problem is the free version has install issues and will not allow you to set password when installing and is not working with php7.

There are many other files that are $49 and up on TF and FREE on Elements. but they to have issues.
I feel that Elements is where all the junk is and so far it’s been horrible and I hope Envato starts fixing these issues.

If you are going to charge $29.00 per month and have no support from authors or way to get in touch with them this is not a good way to market your platform.

I also see free files on Elements that are on other marketplaces. I have to agree with “SpaceStockFootage”. Elements is bad and it will eventually pull down Envato.

Recently I purchased a theme on TF and 4 days later it was listed on Elements for free. Is there no more quality inspection in design? Just flood the market and sell to anyone and if sales are low then put it on Elements?

I used to be “proud” to belong to Envato for all my work and NOT since they ruined Photodune have I felt that Envato is a solid marketplace anymore.

Elements is questionable in my opinion, very questionable.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your insights. Hoping to see some positive changes implemented by Envato in the right direction.

Seems to me that those author are sabotaging Envato Elements.
Envato needs to look out for this.

I’m guessing those authors are thinking that this plan will get them two things.
A) Encourage people to buy their template on Envato Markets to get support on their faulty Envato Elements file.
B) Lead people to believe all authors dump junk in Elements and that Envato Markets is the place to be at.

If I were on Envato team, I would give these authors one chance to correct their behavior or send them packing.

@authors.
If you don’t like Elements, don’t participate. Its that simple.

I keep reading about how the other markets are shiny, great, just awesome and how Envato is broke. Here’s an idea, don’t sell at envato. Othewise all your arguments about how Envato is not generating you profits are kind of valueless.

Envato is a business, their part of the deal is to generate buyers traffic, they are keeping their end of the bargain, if you’re not happy… read above.

Please stop spammy advertisement!

When we share license page in Facebook!!

Thanks for sharing this.
I was wondered when saw the thumbnail the themeforest showing element logo.
Cheap marketing

Main reason why most of the authors don’t like the element is killing themeforest by element through spamming. One example is given by @Better_Studio

Hi @Better_Studio! That’s caused by the way that Facebook link previews work: the Themeforest Licences URL doesn’t have a large image up the top of the page, so the preview will default to the first available image - in this case it looks like it’s grabbing one from the ads shown below the fold. You can check what Facebook will see when it scrapes any given URL here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/

It’s worth noting that if you post to Facebook through third-party tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social etc), many of those will give you more control over how a link appears - allowing you to change the preview image if multiple options are available, upload a new one, or remove it completely if you only need a text preview.

2 Likes

And by mistake, we could not have a facebook meta og:type to be maybe the logo of Envato, right? It should be elements, cause the devs of Envato can not get the right image if empty, I mean it is so hard :slight_smile:

Also, before you reply, read what the users say. He said, he send to a Message ( and it is clear from the screenshot ) so he can not alter the main image, he did not just send to share to his page. But yea, like devs do mistakes on the og:img same on your replies, a random reply with no attention to detail. Attention to details ofc it is something Envato does not know :slight_smile:

Now ban me, u know what to do :wink:

4 Likes