Envato elements sublicences

with envato elements, if i use a wordpress theme, then i customize it for a client, how does the license work? Does the customer have to buy license?

I have read about the sublicenses, how do they work and are they paid?

if I don’t renew my subscription after 1 year, what happens to my customers’ sites?

No, your customer don’t need to buy license but keep in mind for each individual use you have to register the downloaded item. But for getting update features and support from theme author your client can purchase a license from themeforest.

The licenses you get for items you download and register from Envato Elements are only valid if you complete your End Products while your subscription is active. Then the license continues for the life of the End Products (even if your subscription ends).

But note that You have to be actively Subscribed to the platform(elements) when the project is going on and completed I.e you cannot stockpile items for future use and cancel the subscription.

Thanks

2 Likes

thanks for the answers, so if I understand correctly it works like this, correct me otherwise:

1. i can download tamplate by associating it with a project

2. i can deliver the finished product to the customer by generating a sublicense.

3. if I cancel my subscription, the customer’s site continues to work, but for updates he has to buy a license on themeforest for example.

4. with the subscription I can download as many times also same theme for several projects, at no additional cost.

5. when I give the finished site to the customer, can I still act on it for maintenance or changes? even if my subscription has expired?

thank you so much for your patience.

All is fine but You have to be actively Subscribed to the platform(elements) when the project is going on and completed I.e you cannot stockpile items for future use and cancel the subscription.

1 Like