What is the Cyber Week Sale Campaign?
Cyber Week is the biggest sale event on the calendar! It includes the busiest shopping days of the year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Envato’s marketing team are putting together our annual Cyber Week Sale campaign that will feature 30-60% off items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and VideoHive.
The campaign has been designed so that the majority of items promoted will be at 50% off, with additional items included at 30% to 60% off; giving you the opportunity to nominate at any discount in this range.
Selected items will be promoted on a dedicated page within each participating marketplace, enabling customers to browse sale items using the full range of Envato Market filters. Our campaign will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates.
NEW Extended Offers! This year our Cyber Week Sale campaign will include extended offers. When you nominate your items for the main sale, you can choose to extend your discount and take advantage of additional traffic going to the all-sale items page. The extended offer campaign will be promoted on-site, through email and affiliates.
- Main Sale: Live between Tuesday 22 November 5am (UTC) and Wednesday 30 November 12:59pm (UTC) 2022.
- Extended Offers: Live between Wednesday 30 November 1pm (UTC) and Sunday 4 December 12:59pm (UTC) 2022.
Detailed timeline of events
- Monday 10 October: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Sunday 23 October: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
- Wednesday 2 - Monday 7 November: During these dates we will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
- Tuesday 22 November: Promotional prices are automatically applied to campaign items at 2am UTC. The campaign page is live from 5am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
- Wednesday 30 November: Items that were not nominated for extended offers will be returned to their original price automatically at 12:59pm UTC. Items that did nominate for extended offers will remain on sale.
- Sunday 4 December: Promotional campaign ends at 12:59pm UTC. All extended offer item prices will be returned to their original price automatically at this time.
To convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here
AudioJungle and GraphicRiver Update
For the Cyber Week Sale campaign, nominations are not required for AudioJungle and GraphicRiver as we will be driving traffic from selected channels to the audio and graphics sale filters during the campaign. Authors with audio or graphics items are welcome to discount their own items during the campaign period (at a discount of your choice), using the Manage Discount tool.
Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?
This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.
How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?
Follow the instructions in this thread:
- ThemeForest discount item nominations
- CodeCanyon discount item nominations
- VideoHive discount item nominations
Will there be a landing page used during this campaign?
For the main sale, there will be dedicated campaign pages on each participating marketplace (ThemeForest, CodeCanyon & VideoHive), which will display campaign items for the item type of that marketplace. This method allows customers to browse the sale items using the full range of Envato Market item filters.
Extended offer items will be displayed amongst all sale items, and authors of campaign items will be supplied campaign banners that can be placed on item pages and preview imagery.
How many items will be selected for this campaign?
The number of items selected for this campaign will be determined by the quantity and quality of the nominations. We encourage you to nominate the best of your portfolio!
How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion via email between 2nd - 7th November. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.
What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (31st October), please contact us via email@example.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.
If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.
Will you add more items during the sale?
On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.
How are items selected?
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.
Who is responsible for changing the price of items?
All item prices will be automatically changed at the specified times. Promotional prices are applied to campaign items on 22 November 2am (UTC).
After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price on;
- Main sale only — Wednesday 30 November at 12:59pm UTC
- Extended offers — Sunday 4 December at 12:59pm UTC
You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
- We will provide confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign and additional information about the campaign process.
- We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
- The discount will be applied to campaign items and they are added to the campaign page as per timeline above.
Why are campaign items discounted before the landing page and marketing goes live?
There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our campaign landing page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.
Will this campaign count towards the 60 days that this item can be discounted per year?
No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.
Can I update my extended license type of an item in the campaign?
The campaign discount only applies to the standard license type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign (on 2-7 November), the extended license original price is unable to be updated until the discount ends on 30 November (main sale only) or 4th December (extended offers).
Any other questions?
If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.