Envato claiming they've issued a refund my bank never saw

A few months ago, the author of a plugin I was using, after trying, told me he couldn’t help me anymore on an issue I was having with said plugin, thus offering me to refund the purchase.
So I contacted Envato and they wrote me that they had given me credits for the site.
When I asked them if I could simply have my money back, without further confirmations or warnings, they said they had sent the refund to the original card I used to buy the plugin. This was last December 21, 2017.
The problem is that at the time this happened, I wasn’t a customer of that bank anymore, that card didn’t exist and neither did the account connected to it.
I told Envato, and their response was I had to solve this with my bank.
This already looked tricky enough, but now my bank is claiming they have never seen any transfer in the whole month of December or any refund, for that matter, after I closed my account. They told me that if anyone tries to send money to one of their closed accounts, the bank at least can know and register this, even if they bounce that transfer back anyway. But in this case, my bank claims it never received any refund from Envato.
So I asked Envato to give me any proof of the refund and initially they’ve just been very shady (with vague replies like “This is all we could do. There’s nothing more we could do, sorry.”) and now they’ve just sent me a document that, in the real world where I live, has the same value as a Word document I could open to write “You have to give me one million dollar because I say so.”: a ticket that’s not legally/bureaucratically binding (no tax identification number, no governmental/national ID from the enterprise or its CEO, no stamp or whatever) with 3 or 4 lines literally written in Word saying “Refund: yes” and empty things like these. I’m not exaggerating: I asked them for their IBAN or that bank transfer’s reference code or whatever my bank could check, and they’ve sent me a Word document they wrote themselves with codes that only have a meaning within their company and among their employees.
This is starting to look suspicious. Any suggestion?

Hello!

You will need to continue to go through the Help Team. We’re limited by bank and government regulations on how we can refund you, but the Help Team will do whatever they can. We’re not able to provide account support here on the forums, so you will need to reply to your help ticket.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. It would be nice to solve the issue just on any platform and with any possible way. I’d just wish to solve it ASAP. I don’t care if it’s on this forum or via email or whatever the way. So…if it was possible to solve it here, cool, but that’s not why I’m writing. Not necessarily.
I’m writing to share my experience, to warn others and to know if others have had similar experiences.
As of now, they keep sending me ambiguous and mysterious codes that can’t be double-checked and they refuse to name a bank/money transfer service they use that I can call to confirm that this transfer actually took place.

Envato usually refund you in credits on your Envato account, did you checked if you received the refund into your Envato account?

I already wrote about it: “So I contacted Envato and they wrote me that they had given me credits for the site.
When I asked them if I could simply have my money back, without further confirmations or warnings, they said they had sent the refund to the original card I used to buy the plugin.”

They first filled my credits, then proceeded to remove that credits amount and claimed they had sent it as transfer to my bank account.

Hello @tycooko

1 Like