Envato Birthday Sale 2020 Campaign FAQ - nominations close July 19!

General information

What is the Birthday Sale Campaign?

Envato is turning 14 and we’re running our annual birthday sale on Envato Market to celebrate the occasion!

This campaign will feature 30% off ~400 items from ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, VideoHive and AudioJungle on a dedicated campaign landing page, with a focus on current high performing and new author-nominated items.

The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates. Our Birthday Sale campaign will be live between Wednesday 19th August (12am UTC) and Tuesday 25th August (2pm UTC) 2020.

What types of items are you looking for?

We are looking for current high performing items and popular new items. You must be the author of any items that you are nominating and items must be high quality, presented well, and up-to-date. We’re always on the lookout for unique items that bring value to our customers.

Detailed timeline of events

• Wednesday 15 July: We launch the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
  • Sunday 19 July: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
  • Wednesday 29 July: We will inform the authors of selected items that have been scheduled into our campaign and provide more details via email about the campaign process.
  • Tuesday 18 August: Promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items at 2pm UTC
  • Wednesday 19 August: The campaign landing page is live from 12am UTC and campaign marketing begins.
  • Tuesday 25 August: Promotional campaign ends at 2pm UTC and item prices will be returned to their original price automatically.

Convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in this thread:

Will the feature section of the landing page be used during this campaign?

Yes, there will be two sections of the landing page to display sale items. The majority of selected items will be displayed in the main sale section, while a limited number of items will receive special exposure in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page.

The feature items are hand-picked by Envato staff from all items nominated by authors and represent the most popular items Envato Market has to offer. While we can’t promise that your items will definitely be chosen, we’d love to see the best of your portfolio nominated for consideration.

All items will be displayed for the full duration of the campaign period.

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion via email by Wednesday 29th July. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind and would like to withdraw your nomination before the campaign selection date (29th July), please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item from the selection process.

If your item has already been chosen and scheduled into the campaign, you may opt-out of the campaign before it begins by using the Manage Discount tool. Make sure you’re certain before doing this though, because if you select to opt-out, we are unable to return your item into this campaign.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Once an item has met all our promotional criteria and has been scheduled into our campaign, it will appear on our campaign landing page.

We periodically review the landing page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals to our customers. We reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page, or re-apply discounts to items for any reason at our sole discretion.

Will you add more items during the sale?

On occasion we may need to add additional items during the campaign. If so, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed before the campaign goes live, at 2pm UTC on Tuesday 18th August 2020

After the promotion ends, your item will automatically return to its original price at 2pm UTC on Tuesday 25th August You may want to leave the original price in place, schedule your own discount via the Manage Discount tool or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

• If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
  • We will provide confirmation that your item is scheduled into our campaign and additional information about the campaign process.
  • We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
  • The discount will be applied to your item at 2pm UTC on Tuesday 18th August 2020
  • Selected items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched from 12am UTC on Wednesday 19th August.

Why are campaign items discounted before the landing page and marketing goes live?

There are a number of pre-campaign checks and testing that needs to be completed before we can put our campaign landing page and marketing live. The time between discounting items and beginning our marketing ensures we can complete our pre-launch procedure and schedule marketing for the optimal delivery time in each region.

Will this campaign count towards the 60 days that this item can be discounted per year?

No, having an item accepted into an Envato campaign is not counted towards the 60 days an item can be discounted per year. See our author Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more information.

Can I update my extended license type of an item in the campaign?

The campaign discount only applies to the standard licence type. Once an item has been scheduled into the campaign, the extended licence original price is unable to be updated until the sale ends at 2pm UTC on Tuesday 25th August.

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

1 Like

Hi @BenLeong
Great to hear the news. What’s going on with currently discounted item?
My item is scheduled to be discounted until 31st of July so I can’t edit/cancel the price. Can I take part in this campaign with that item?

Hi,
We need to set the discount 30% or Envato automatically set the discount in campaign ?

When the schedule will be applied ? How many days before the campaign start ?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Hi @flexkit! If your own scheduled discount finishes before the Birthday Sale discount begins (18th August, 2pm UTC) then it will be eligible for campaign selection. The 30% discount will be off your current original price of the item.

Hi @xeroneitbd. I’ve checked with our Campaigns team, and the discount will be scheduled on July 29th for items that have been selected. An email will be sent to all successful authors on this day as well, to confirm their item has been scheduled into the campaign.

The discount for this campaign will be automatically set by Envato. Our systems will schedule the price changes on July 29, and that discount will be applied to items from 2pm UTC on Tuesday August 18 until 2pm UTC on Tuesday August 25th.

1 Like

Hi,
Can i nominate multiple items from my portfolio. How many item can be selected from one authore?

Hello @BenLeong

It’s good news you made campaign for 30% off for buyers benefit but can you make free author fee for sale on that day so author can also get more benefit on birthday sale

Happy 14 th birthday in advance to envato and all team :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Codelayers.

Hello, Can we use “manage discount” (the new tool) after Sunday 19 July?

:cry: I miss out. I just know about this campaign today.

Hello, @BenLeong
I received an email titled " Daily proofing digest email". Is it related to this campaign? There isn’t any description in the email.

Hi @dream_expander - that doesn’t sound like a campaign one.

I’ll DM you my email address - please forward it on, and I’ll take a closer look.