Envato Author Dashboard - updates and feature discussion

I still have no faith in new dashboard calculations. My earnings dropped 50%, that amount of drop never happened since I join EE. I cannot have fight with Envato, they have full rights to provide whatever amount they like to share with us. But I will still demand a cross-check on calculations that does not feels accurate.

@Jimmy_J, @BenLeong

10 Likes

That’s exactly what i was going to talk about.
I have a huuuuuge drop in earnings since the first date when calculations started on the new dashboard. And just as you said, this never happened before…
I was expecting higher earnings this month after adding good new items ( which normally happens since 3+ years )
I don’t think this is just a coincidence. This is very disappointing to me.

12 Likes

@BenLeong
It would be nice, when highlighting the blue bar, to add another table with information “How many times this product was downloaded during this period” or several products. Thank you, looking forward to updates and improvements!

10 Likes

How do check last month’s income in one piece?
Statements are completely confusing. How to check last month’s monthly income? If i set it by dates it just changes the chart, but doesn’t affect the numbers under it!

WHY LOG OFF ISSUE WITH 404 STILL THERE ???
@BenLeong
err

why i can’t access my dashboard?
@Jimmy_J @BenLeong

Hi @RikoSaptoD. https://author.envato.com/reports is only available to current Elements authors, at the moment - do you have a different account that you use to sell on Elements?

@bokstas Do you mean the “total earnings” section? I’ll check with the Author Earnings team, but I think that’s intended to show a lifetime total for Elements/Content Bonus/Market.

The PDF earnings statements give the most official total amounts, but the subscriber share model means there’s a delay in finalising those (we need every subscriber who licensed content during a month to complete their full month’s Elements usage) - so the most recent statements show April’s incentives payments, and item earnings up until February.

I hadn’t seen that signout 404 error before - I’ve just passed that on to the team, and they’re investigating it now.

EDIT: The 404 error should be fixed now, with the correct redirect link in place.

Hi! Where can i download March 2022 Earnings Statements (Elements)? Here for February 2022 only:

1 Like

Hi Ben,

@benLeong I meant that statement titles are too long and confusing. Plus it was way easier to access it in the previous dashboard version with one click and it opens everything in a simple way, now there is just plain text, every time you need to download something just to lookup.

1 Like

BenLong, I am one of the authors. Why can’t I access the dashboard (Upload file, Earning Report, etc.)

Envato confuses me, Username and Password can’t be used, if I have to sign in with a Google account. it makes us work 2x just to login to your site.

Pada tanggal Sen, 9 Mei 2022 pukul 13.09 BenLeong via Envato Forums <notifications@envato.discoursemail.com> menulis:

1 Like

@RikoSaptoD Thanks for clarifying! I had been looking for an Elements account under your forum username.

I’ll check with our Auth/Identity team, as they manage the systems used to log in. I’ve just been able to check your dashboard, so I’ll let you know what they have to say about signing in with Envato SSO details instead of a Google account.

2 Likes

@RikoSaptoD For now, visiting the link shown above in red font (https://account.envato.com/google/authenticate?to=elements_contributors) and signing in with Google should let you access the author dashboard.

Our developers are aware of the confusing UX issues with the Contributors App sign-in, and a more permanent fix is on the way.

@BenLeong How to check APRIL’s income? No statement, no way to see it even setting dates From To :(((

The “old” dashboard will not be anymore updated.
You can use only the new one to check your earnings - Sign In | Envato Account

I know that I talk about monthly dropdown list on the new board.

I just did that setting After Tax - Envato Elements - Monthly - date February 1st. Then I could see Feb, March and April total month earnings to check variations

1 Like

Having a drop down menu to keep track of last month’s Element revenue is very important, because comparing last month with this month is a very important thing to look at quickly.

3 Likes

@Bokstas Sorry for the late reply - I’m currently recovering from Covid over here, and I’ve been offline for much of the last week. My brain is full of fog, so I hope I haven’t misunderstood your question.

As the others have mentioned, only the new author dashboard (author.envato.com/reports) is currently being updated.

For indicative info (variations in daily earnings etc), you can use the method that @GoForMotion suggested: select After Tax from the Earnings dropdown, select a date range, and you can see trends throughout the month.

For a definitive statement of what you earned in each month, the PDF statements (Elements Earnings, and Elements Incentives if one is available) are the source of truth for this. Those are issued as part of the monthly payment cycle, so the most recent one is for March 2022 Elements Earnings. The April one will be available for download in the next payment cycle.

@PixelsMagic Are you referring to the Earnings Overview (Elements) section at the top of the dashboard? I’ll raise this with the team. Currently you can see trends across multiple months via the Earnings chart below (selecting an appropriate date range). If you select the “Monthly” view you can quickly compare March and April earnings, for example.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I wish you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon @BenLeong :slight_smile:

hope you get better soon and can work as usual @BenLeong