Envato and Deleted Reviews

Hello
Has it ever happened to anyone here to see your reviews deleted?
To me it is the fourth time that a negative review that I did to a theme was deleted without any warning. How can this be? How valid are Reviews here?

2 Likes

While itā€™s impossible to judge without seeing the exact review - only envato themselves can remove them and they will only do this is they have enough validation to do so

1 Like

Contact Envato support and request explanation.

It happens the same to me this week.
I purchased a wp theme (rating 4.3, power elite author). After some days user left one-star review about it, with lot of explanation. If I read it before, I would purchase another theme. Theme was horrible, lot of strain to make it works, and support was useless.
Today my review and the previews one are deleted, no warning. I also notice the last theme review is dated 5 month ago (5 month of deleted reviews?)
I think it is not fair, I lost confidence in Envato.
Iā€™m a bit confused and disappointed.

1 Like

I have already asked for clarification and am waiting for an answer. Note also that the latest reviews are always positive but more than a year old which does not mean anything but it is strange.
I also lost confidence in envato, because first I bought a theme that highlighted something like ā€œOptimized for Speedā€ which is why I chose to buy it and then I find problems there. After that they still remove my review. For the first time in almost 9 years that I am here I think of finding an alternative to envato.

Please, read the Rating Removal Policy :

Hi trippleS,
I already read the policy and I have asked for clarification as empresa87 did, but no answer from envato.
I know that some users write reviews in a sort of ā€˜revengeā€™ against refund policy of the authors. But it was not our case.
And Iā€™m so sorry for next users will buy the same themes without reading our experiences and reviews on it. Envato is full of wonderful theme, I make many 5 stars reviews. I think is unfair also for developers to do not have a clear system of rating.
Anyway, Iā€™m waiting for response.

2 Likes

Updateā€¦ envato replied.
They just copied and pasted part of the rating and reviews removal policy, they not tell me anything more.
I wrote a new review for the theme. Authors replied as well. Almost sure they ask for removal again. Weā€™ll see.

Iā€™m still waiting for an answer. When I created this post I wrote a new review, today I notice that it was removed. In conclusion, they remove reviews faster than they respond to customers.

I already have a file with the written review, whenever they remove it I will copy and paste it. My advice for those who buy at envato, ignore the reviews completely.

Get the screenshot of the comments so you can claim itā€™s not against of the rules

1 Like

You are not the only one, seems positive comments are allowed to stay but negative ones of popular sellers are deleted, I wondered myself as to how good the reviews are now after seeing this for myself on multiple occassions.

Updateā€¦ envato replied.
They respond by mentioning that the review must comply with the Rating Policy (of course) and that the team always sends an email justifying the reason for the removal. I replied that out of the 5 times they removed I never received an email.

This only creates harm to the community. There are many good products here at Envato, but if there is no fair differentiation between the good and the bad, the good authors are not compensated as they should be for the time invested and the buyer feels cheated and in a system without values.

Most likely the author asked the Envato support theme for the review removal because they believe it was not fair and Envato agreed with them, this is why.

And no this dose not create harm to the community, I had so many 1 stars revage rating you would not belive there were not deserved in this cases Envato can step in and remove those ratings!!!

I mostly agree with empresa87. This rating system doesnā€™t help customer and doesnā€™t reward good authors as they should be.
Iā€™m sorry you received many 1 star revenge ratings -thatā€™s the proof that yes, it creates harm to the community-. You have exactly the same problem I had as customer, from opposite point of view. Fair differentiation between real and revenge ratings will be important.
Anyway, I trust in authors as I do my best for being honest customer, and thatā€™s why I disagree with Envato moderation on my reviews (as empreza87 said, no email with reasons for removal was send to me as well, no clarification request).
Actually my 1 star rating -second attempt- is still there, I wrote it 7 days ago. I asked to Envato support if it violates policy, no answer.
Weā€™ll see next days.

FWDesign I can understand where you come from, especially because new customers who donā€™t know how things work asking for more than they paid to the authors must be something on a daily basis.
Iā€™ve been here for nine years, I know the rules, I think this is the first time that I give a one-star rating. If the team at Envato wants, I can prove step by step each statement I give in the review, they just need to send an email and ask for it.

I have had the exact same exp with a 2 star review being removed. Read the review removal policy and nothing I said was against the guidelines but was removed an hour or so after I put it up I attempted to put up another one in its places but that was removed just as fast.

I have noticed that also if an item is really bad and you leave a negative review and then manage to get a refund the review gets deleted automatically so other potential customers wont see it. Makes me want to not buy from envato ever again as it is obvious that the review system is rigged and envato does not respect its customers.

Reviews are only for the users who has purchased the items. Once you get the refund, itā€™s normal automatically your review is being removed

That is a very backwards policy and extremely unhelpful to people wanting to find the best productsā€¦not that it matters I guess anyway as in my experience I have found that some authors will simply reject refund requests AND get legitimate but critical reviews removed anyway.

What is the point of having a review system if it only allows positive reviews?

EDIT: The censoring of customers PROVEN by the un-listing and closing of this thread. That says it all reallyā€¦ wont be shopping with evanto EVER AGAIN!

1 Like

Thread Closed >> Call out other users/author.
Community guideline