We want you to rework your item pages by improving the SEO, text, and overall visual appearance to help drive more traffic to your items. We’ve got some awesome prizes up-for-grabs for everyone that enters!
What we’re looking forWe want you to apply everything we’ve been teaching and sharing with you this year to improve your item pages - the digital storefronts that bring in all your customers. These areas include:
- SEO improvements: Top 4 Recommendations to Optimize the SEO of your Envato Market Item Pages) // SEO Best Practices for Envato Market Authors
- Visual/graphical improvements: (See all graphic template entries in our recent contest and/or all the winners
- Addition of Testimonials & Recommendations (if you have any)
- Item Page Improvements: How improving your item page may increase your sales
- Branding: How to name your brand // The Importance of Branding on Envato Market
Why?Effective, optimized item pages are crucial to increasing not only the number of visitors to your items, but can also help improve potential sales. The best part is that it’s something you can control and maintain yourself. Our contest here is a way to encourage you to focus on improving your item pages so that you can maximise your impact as a seller on Envato Market. Although we might not be able to write or build your item pages for you, we can share information with you about what works, and what helps increase traffic. And what a better time to improve your item pages than right now with some fantastic prizes up for grabs!
How to Enter
- If you haven’t already done so, read through some of the links shared earlier on how to improve SEO and your item pages. Check your branding. Add your best customer testimonials if you have any (either from this thread, or from your own item comments), and make your item page stand-out visually with new visuals (check out all the free, awesome item page templates your fellow community members have provided for you or check out the winning contest entries!) After you’ve done all that...
- Take a screenshot of your item page before you update it.
- Take a screenshot of your item page after you have updated it.
- Post your item page URL, and your before and after screenshots in our official forum thread.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but be sure to focus on one entry/item page per forum thread, please.
- Complete our official entry form.
- Please read our full terms and conditions.
Tip: Use a tool or browser extension like Awesome Screenshot to take your screenshots!
Prizes & JudgingWe’re giving away Featured Author spots on each Envato Market site for the best makeover as well as $750 in prizes for the overall winner and runner-up!
- Grand Prize: $500 + a Won a Contest Community badge.
- Runner-up: $250
- Best Makeover on 3DOcean: Featured Author spot
- Best Makeover on GraphicRiver: Featured Author spot
- Best Makeover on AudioJungle: Featured Author spot
- Best Makeover on ThemeForest: Featured Author spot
- Best Makeover on CodeCanyon: Featured Author spot
- Best Makeover on VideoHive: Featured Author spot
- Best Makeover on PhotoDune: Featured Author spot
Our judges will be looking for improvements to SEO and overall page layout, copy, keywords, and visual design, that will assist with page ranking and general attractiveness to customers.
The grand prize winner and the runner-up may also win a maximum of one of the featured author prizes for one of the Envato Market sites.
Winners may choose between PayPal, Skrill, or Payoneer as their preferred payment method.
- Deadline: Friday, April 8, 2016 (11pm AEDT)
- Winners Announced: Monday, April 18, 2016.