Enter our Helpful Hacker sticker design contest - Winners Announced!

We want you to design a new Helpful Hacker sticker for the Envato Community!

:arrow_upper_right: Note - the above image is our current Envato Market Helpful Hacker badge - your design doesn’t need to look like this one, though!

What we’re looking for

Your mission is to design a Helpful Hacker sticker, ready to adorn the laptops of our intrepid bug hunters around the world. Our Engineering team will be sending out sticker prints of the winning design when we thank people for successfully identifying and reporting software bugs in our products.

Here are some winning entries in previous design contests to give you an idea of the standard we are looking for!

How to Enter

• Create a sticker design to thank the tireless bug finders who search for and report issues with our sites.
    • Your design must be in a scalable vector format that you can share with us (.eps, .ai, or .psd)
    • We anticipate printing these at around 50mm x 50mm, but exact sizes will vary depending on the final design.
    • If we ever use this design on garments, we’ll be printing digitally - so you can use colours and gradients however much you like! No screen-printing or spot colour restrictions here.
    • Your design can incorporate the Envato logo if you wish - you can download a copy here!
    • You may use the leaf element of the Envato logo by itself, or you may use the logo in its entirety (leaf logo + “envato”.) For more information on logo branding usage, please see here.
  • Post a JPG version of your design in our official forum thread.
  • Keep a copy of your source file! We’ll need to contact you to obtain it if/when you win.
  • Only one entry per person please, so please submit your best work!
  • Please read our full Terms and Conditions (see below).

Prizes & Judging

Our judges will be looking for high quality designs suited for printing on a sticker, ready to add to laptops for our bug hunters around the world. A judging panel of Envato Staff will determine the winner.

Grand Prize

The winner will win the following:

• $500 USD (sent via PayPal or Payoneer)
  • An Envato Community 2019 T-shirt.
  • A sticker sheet featuring the classic “Envato Zoo” mascot animals, plus your new design.
  • The brand-new Merch Designer community badge on your Envato Market profile, plus a Won a Contest badge.

Runners up

After our judges go through the final shortlist, we’ll award a Merch Designer Shortlist badge to the next 2 runners-up from this contest. This badge is only available through contests like this one. We’ll also send each runner-up a 2019 Community T-shirt, and a copy of the Envato Zoo sticker sheet.

Participation prizes

Our judges will also select 5 people who are active in this contest thread, and we’ll send each of them a sticker sheet featuring the classic “Envato Zoo” mascot animals, plus the new Helpful Hacker design :slight_smile:

• You don’t need to submit a design in order to be eligible
  • Participation prizes are open to everyone posting in this thread, whether you’re entering the contest or posting in support of the other entrants.
  • The judging panel will award these prizes to participants we feel are consistently helping to make this an awesome, constructive and supportive community.

Important Dates

• Tuesday, June 11th: Design contest opens!
  • Wednesday, June 26th: (11pm AEDT) - Design contest ends
  • Tuesday, July 2nd: Winner announced.

FAQs

I came up with a better idea - can I enter again?
Entries are limited to one per person. If you decide you’d like to enter with an updated design, simply edit your original post - our judges will be looking through the full list of submissions after the contest closes.

Good luck!

15 Likes

Terms & Conditions: Helpful Hacker sticker design contest

We’re Envato - the promoter of this competition, and these are our promo terms - please read them!

• All community members are eligible to enter this promotion so long as they are over 13 years of age. If you’re under 18 please get your parent or guardian’s permission to enter.
  • Envato staff may enter, but are not eligible for any prizes.
  • Each community member may submit a maximum of one entry.
  • All entries must be posted to our official contest thread between the dates stipulated in the official contest announcement.
  • The promotion will be judged on set criteria by Envato staff. Judges will be looking for high quality designs suited for a T-shirt that incorporate and reflect the friendly, supportive, and creative worldwide talent of the entire Envato community. All decisions made about this promotion by the judges and the promoter are final.
  • Finalists will be announced no later than July 2, 2019. The eventual winner will be contacted via the e-mail address associated with their Envato forums/Market username.
  • Each winner can win one prize.
    • The Grand Prize consists of $500 USD (paid via PayPal or Payoneer), plus the Merch Designer and Won a Contest community badge, a 2019 Envato Community T-shirt, and a sticker sheet featuring the classic Envato Market mascot animals, plus the new sticker design.
    • The top five runners-up (as chosen by our judges) will receive a Merch Designer - Shortlist badge, a sticker sheet, and a 2019 Envato Community T-shirt.
    • Each Participation Prize consists of one Envato sticker sheet, which will be mailed out to the winner
  • Your Envato account must be in good standing to be eligible for any prize.
  • You grant Envato an ongoing worldwide, royalty-free non-exclusive license to use your entry for the purposes of managing this promotion, and for any promotional activity we do.
  • We’ll only use your information for the purposes of managing and administering this promotion - you can’t enter without giving us some information so we know who wins and how to get a prize to you! If the law requires it, we may report the prize winner and prize details to the relevant tax authorities. Please see our [privacy policy](https://themeforest.net/legal/privacy) for more information about how we deal with personal information.
  • All Envato contests are subject to term changes without notice but we will endeavor to notify users of any important changes such as deadline extensions.
  • Play fair! We reserve the right not to award prizes, to disqualify entrants, and to discontinue a contest if there is any illegal or fraudulent behavior and also to cancel the promotion if there are any circumstances that mean the promotion can’t be run as planned, this includes technical issues, hacking, natural disasters and anything else beyond our control.
  • This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer or coupon.
  • Entrants are responsible for meeting any tax obligations that come up as a result of this promotion. However, we may withhold any part of the prize money if the law requires us to.
  • You promise to us that any information that you provide to us is true and correct and your entry is your own original creation and work, and does not infringe the rights (including copyright) of any other person. You promise to indemnify us in relation to any loss or damage resulting from any breach of this promise whether it is on purpose or not.
  • You should read the Terms & Conditions carefully before you take part in this promotion.
2 Likes

Wow cool! That badge is super rare and I got one! Would look superb on my fridge :vulcan_salute::hugs::tickets::rocket:

3 Likes

Great news! Design time!

2 Likes

Nice contest! Good luck everyone!

3-2L

Here is the t-shirt design and mock-ups:

UPD. Edited my post as BenLeong requested: removed other designs and choosed the best I think. :ok_hand:

20 Likes

Best of luck Graphic Designers :wink:

2 Likes

One of the most rare and interesting badges, very hard to get. Good luck for all contestants :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t found the official thread to upload design for this contest ?
Anyone knows ?

This is the official thread

2 Likes

Okay thank you ShymonMusic !!
I was wondering … there was still no design in the page ?
Weird…

Another update… Sorry guys… i have fun playing with concepts… This is my last time… maybe :smile: !!

11 Likes

Nice! I love the idea of the claws :slight_smile: :crab:

6 Likes

People have said that our logo looks like a claw. Or an oven mit :joy:

Thank you my friend :slight_smile:

Woohoo we’re in! Earlier entry was quite off topic, so we go with this one!

6 Likes

Really love the idea of the oven mit !!! :slight_smile: lol
Didn’t see that…hehe

Nice, would love to have a badge like this next to my name :sunglasses:

6 Likes