endless copies of copies

2 Likes

You really have to wonder about the buyer’s thought process, searching for Ragtime and then deciding “Yeah, this Corporate clone track is perfect for my project.”

The Trusted Update Approval process is too easily abused in these and other cases. Don’t even get me started on the trend where top sellers pack all the “good” keywords into a single title, thereby dominating several different popular searches. It’s tough enough as is to break into those “hot” categories, and when those same 30-60 mega-selling tracks top the results in search after search, it makes it almost impossible.

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Absolutely no clues about why someone who is looking for something as specific as an ethereal meditation track for a yoga tutorial or an old timey piano rag would end up buying a clone corporate track. I tend to think it hardly ever happens, and the sales those stowaway items have are from their “previous life”, when they were properly named.

Once they are buried below the thousands and thousands of new Uplifting Inspiring & Upbeat Motivational Corporate Ambient Trailer tracks, the authors simply give a shot at less crowded categories doing mostly nothing but harm to those who did wrote a piece in that specific style.

But enough of this grumpy old version of me. These seem to be the rules for everyone and I guess we’ll have to surf with it by now.

1 Like

Don´t forget “Minimal” :joy:

1 Like

“Corporate Inspiring Uplifting Upbeat”

In… Ambient Category, today. :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Surely this marketplace has enough of the same “corporate” music and that there is only so much similar sounding material that a buyer wants for projects?

“Brutal Goregrind Doom Metal Aggressive Trailer” just found in New Age category today… :metal:

Nah, just kidding… woke up stupider than usual today. Sorry.

1 Like

Welcome to my everyday club. :joy:

Espero quitarme la “tontería” dentro de tres horas, que quedé para tomar unas cervezas. :smiley:

Regards!

1 Like

Wow, I just searched “ragtime” and it’s true… So pathetic :confused:
Btw. I also heard your track there @WormwoodMusic, great work! (Although you are placed under a few corporate tracks)

3 Likes

Thanks, mate! I find it disgustingly unethic too, but who knows, maybe Chaplin’s Modern Times or a dusty western saloon scene work like a charm with a firebird palm muted delayed guitar / quarter notes kick drum track in the back, right?

2 Likes

i feel you bro

I’m willing to bet that a lot of those “Ragtime Corporate” track authors are all the same person as well… the production value is strikingly similar.

1 Like