Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

I am looking for a theme that scores high on Google PageSpeed Insights, mobile friendly, woocommerce friendly. I wish I could just see the speed scores for all themes - have been going to demo pages and pasting links into PageSpeed Insights to see the score. Common issue seems to be - Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content - per Google’s report. Are there any good themes out there for me or is Wordpress a speed-killer? How can i get a theme in the 90+ score for wp and woo? Thanks

There was this thread recently Fastest WordPress Themes however you of course need to consider other factors too like the content going on the site, hosting etc.

Perosnally I’d recommend anything by Tom Rhodes e.g. Pillar or Foundry

Simply put this code in your .htaccess file

EXPIRES HEADER CACHING

ExpiresActive On ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year" ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year" ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year" ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year" ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month" ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month" ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month" ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access 1 month" ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month" ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year" ExpiresDefault "access 2 days" ## EXPIRES HEADER CACHING ##

Source : http://blogmetric.org/eliminate-render-blocking-javascript-css/