Element 3D Problem - Model not found

Hi friends,

in another Element 3D thread Andrew Kramer said:

Template Tip: For anyone interested in making templates with Element, although we do not have a collect files option, what you can do is create a folder next to the project file and put the models and texture into it. When AE opens the project, Element will look there to relink the files. Just be sure to use unique names like Baseball_Diffuse.jpg etc so it doesn’t confuse asset names.
I'm just about finishing my first Element 3D template, so i've dropped all models in a folder next to the main project. The problem is that Element does not find a single model anymore and the complete project is destroyed at the moment. Of course i can relink them all manually but that's not an option for a template.
Is there an option to change the model path in E3D, or how else can i fix this issue?

Thank’s for your help! :slight_smile:

I don’t know if there’s a way to change a model path after the fact. But it’s best in the future to plan your project’s structure before you start working. This way you won’t need to move models and assets around after you’ve finished. Also, if E3D cannot relink an item when it’s distributed as a template, it prompts the user to find the files. All users need to do is browse to the asset folder and press relink.

Leupsi said

Hi friends,

in another Element 3D thread Andrew Kramer said:

Template Tip: For anyone interested in making templates with Element, although we do not have a collect files option, what you can do is create a folder next to the project file and put the models and texture into it. When AE opens the project, Element will look there to relink the files. Just be sure to use unique names like Baseball_Diffuse.jpg etc so it doesn’t confuse asset names.
I'm just about finishing my first Element 3D template, so i've dropped all models in a folder next to the main project. The problem is that Element does not find a single model anymore and the complete project is destroyed at the moment. Of course i can relink them all manually but that's not an option for a template.
Is there an option to change the model path in E3D, or how else can i fix this issue?

Thank’s for your help! :slight_smile:

that “automatic find in folder” never worked or he is probably referring to an older version and that feature was removed

I never managed to make Element3D automatically find the asset with that method, that comment was misleading and I’ve lost some time couple of months ago over this. I understand your pain.

Yeah object has to relink manually but textures link automatically if you put texture files into the AE project. May be you know about this texture thing.

Also use Element 3D version 1.6, cos in that they have fixed relink issue.

Yes that’s right Mark, i remember that for the future!

Also thank’s alot Doru and 3Dym! I’ll try to update Element and if that doesn’t help i will relink it manually again. Thank’s for your replies! :slight_smile: