Editing PSD in a browser

Hi guys, my post is a little OT, but I hope it will be useful for you. My name is Ivan and I am developing a photo editor with a good support for PSDs (and Gimp files: XCF).

My goal is not to replace Photoshop or Gimp, but to “give a chance” to people, who can not use Photoshop for some reason (it is too expensive, or you edit PSD just once a year, or you have Linux, etc.). I think there is no software with a good support for PSD on the market (except of PS).

With Photopea, first, I want to make advanced photo editing available to everybody, and second, I want “I don’t have Photoshop” not to be an excuse, when you send a PSD to somebody.

Do you think such tool may be useful for you? I think it can help you sell your PSD and XCF works to much broader audience (without an appropriate software installed). Let me know what you think about it :slight_smile:

https://www.Photopea.com

I think Adobe might have soemhting to say about an interface that resembles PS so much.

As a concept it oculd have potential as a backup to help people but for a marketplace like this many people using graphics will be designers with access to Adobe.

With all due respect the reason noone really challenges PS is because of the sheer investment, extent and quality of the software - something which Gimp or an other tool have yet to come close. If you can get even half close to PS then you should be looking at much bigger opportunities in developing or licensing it.

good luck

I am aware that most of professionals already own Adobe Photoshop. I was talking more about distribution of PSDs to clients. Instead of sending PNGs, you can send PSD and let clients do the minor adjustments themselves in Photopea.

Photoshop and Photopea are now the only two pieces of sowtware, that can export PSD and access text layers in them. It has been my hobby project for 3 years now. I made it free and expected, that because it is free, it will spread automatically. But it does not spread that well and since it is free, I don’t have any money for makreting. I will truly appreciate any kind of support or sharing the message :slight_smile: I think it may be useful to many people, but nobody knows about it yet.