Ecommerce regular vs extended wordpress theme liecense

Hi,
I have been looking about regular vs extended licenses but the ‘end user’ stuff has started to confuse me. Hopefully someone here can help me…

I am going to use one domain name, have many products for sale - like phone accessories.
I am not going to charge the customer unless they purchase an item.

Also if I use a free theme is the extended version free too or does it depend?

thanks for your help, I’m new to this.

bump

From - http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq

I am a commercial entity or run a business. Do I always need an extended license?

No, just using the item in a commercial setting doesn’t necessarily mean you need an extended license. You need an extended license if the end product is sold to end users. If the end product is free, even if you are a commercial enterprise, you only need a regular license.

Example: Even though a web store is commercial, as long as users can access the site itself without having to pay, a regular license is sufficient.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

KingDog said

From - http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq

I am a commercial entity or run a business. Do I always need an extended license?

No, just using the item in a commercial setting doesn’t necessarily mean you need an extended license. You need an extended license if the end product is sold to end users. If the end product is free, even if you are a commercial enterprise, you only need a regular license.

Example: Even though a web store is commercial, as long as users can access the site itself without having to pay, a regular license is sufficient.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

thanks very much!

So does this mean that If I create a website for a client who is paying me to do so, and my client is using this site as an ecommerce site (let’s say selling sneakers for example) I can do this with the regular license as long as his clientele (people looking to buy sneakers) don’t have to actually pay to view and use his site? But it is okay if they have to pay for the shoes right?

Maybe you can also clarify exactly who the end users are

SE_BIZ said

So does this mean that If I create a website for a client who is paying me to do so, and my client is using this site as an ecommerce site (let’s say selling sneakers for example) I can do this with the regular license as long as his clientele (people looking to buy sneakers) don’t have to actually pay to view and use his site? But it is okay if they have to pay for the shoes right?

Maybe you can also clarify exactly who the end users are

Same answer as above:

From – http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq I am a commercial entity or run a business. Do I always need an extended license? No, just using the item in a commercial setting doesn’t necessarily mean you need an extended license. You need an extended license if the end product is sold to end users. If the end product is free, even if you are a commercial enterprise, you only need a regular license.