Ecard plugin for Wordpress

Hi - I was wondering if anyone was working on an Ecard plugin for Wordpress. I have been looking for a system that would directly integrate into Wordpress with little success. If you are capable of developing such a plugin, I am curious as to what may be the cost and time required.

Hi,

If you could provide more details about the features you’d like to see included, there might be someone jumping on it. Actually… I’m pretty sure there will be someone :slight_smile:

Hi - Thanks for the response. I had actually written up a very long list of things, but I thought it may be better to keep things simple at first.

So here is what is needed at a core -

The ability to upload ecards in gif, jpg, and swf files.
The ability to upload a thumbnail for each ecard.
The ability to send the ecards to one or multiple recipients.

Typically ecards are delivered with the recipient receiving an email informing them that they have an ecard and they should click on a link. Newer systems will create links which people can email but also use links to send in their own email, IM, or even embed on Facebook.

There should be a backend system which allows for the easy uploading of ecards. You should be able to organize categories and sub-categories. Statistics of cards being sent would also be helpful.

An ecard system can be very advanced or very simple. I am open to ideas. I am just wondering what can be done as of now.

Also, a number of features which would need to be coded into a stand alone project can be simply added with other Wordpress plugins. Thus areas such as registrations, IP banning, newsletters, member management, etc etc can be done easily Wordpress plugins.

Thanks for the listing! :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great plugin for WordPress. I’m sure there are WP coders beaverign away as we speak…

I fully agree. This is such a needed asset for WordPress. I’ve been searching around too and cannot find anything that looks halfway decent when it comes to a WordPress eCard plugin. I hope someone makes it.

I’ve actually started development on an E-Card Plugin for Wordpress. Will be selling it here on the Envato network. Please let me know of any “Must Have” features and i will try my best to implement them.

1 Like
konceptdesign said

I’ve actually started development on an E-Card Plugin for Wordpress. Will be selling it here on the Envato network. Please let me know of any “Must Have” features and i will try my best to implement them.

What is your ETA? I have need of that plugin, even to use it in beta stage.

Any news? Has anyone seen this plugin in the wild?

I am interested in this as well.

There are a few. This one looks promising.

This one is weird:
http://www.zetaprints.com/help/flash/ecards_plugin_demo.html

I have used Convio and NetCommunity eCards. Convio eCards were extremely useful. NetCommunity eCards are worthless. Some of these WordPress attempts appear a little lacking to me as well.

Here’s what you need to have in a Wordpress e-card:
Multiple eCard pages with multiple eCard templates
Send ecards to multiple people
Send verification email to yourself
Captcha
Include “opt in to our enewsletter” pre-checked box in form.
Reporting on numbers of eCard templates sent, opened with export to CSV. Integrate it with Contact Form 7 or another form engine.

1 Like

Are you working on developing a plugin?

Any news guys??? I really need one that supports .swf files, for other needs WordPress eCards is great !

altinselimi said

Any news guys??? I really need one that supports .swf files, for other needs WordPress eCards is great !

I have added .swf support to eCards!

just search ecard at codecanyon

Just read this interesting topic. Can you provide a direct link to your site?
I am also looking for a plugin/widget to send eCards. Should be for visitors, not for admins.
Preferrable choosing a pre-defined card layout with the option to add text with it.
Best, Jos