easiest/best thumbnail video viewer for .mov files?

Hi -

Any suggestions on a fast, quick loading, fast playing .mov thumbnail player software?

Seems like clicking on individual movs in windows explorer and waiting for QT to load each time takes forever. And I never got comfortable with the adobe media manager or whatever it’s called, seems slow to load and browse media.

I’d like something that for example lets me see hundreds of thumbnails of movs that are in a subdirectory and click on them to play them back quickly.

It would be helpful to have some kind of software that plays back mov files from a thumbnail view quickly (kind of like digital juice’s juicer does, but for all movs).

Anyone have a favorite mov viewer that shows contact pages of thumbnails to scan through, for rapidly being able to scan through mov screecaps and when clicked on, quickly plays the mov in a movie player?

thx,

k

You’re on a PC if I remember rightly, Ken… Mac OS works as a thumbnail player, whereby you can play the desktop icons themselves or hit the space bar for a big preview. Maybe Windows 7 has some similar functionality built into its desktop… that might be worth looking in to.

Beyond that, I’m not very up to date with Windows apps, I’m afraid.

-f.

Hi -

Any suggestions on a fast, quick loading, fast playing .mov thumbnail player software?

Seems like clicking on individual movs in windows explorer and waiting for QT to load each time takes forever. And I never got comfortable with the adobe media manager or whatever it’s called, seems slow to load and browse media.

I’d like something that for example lets me see hundreds of thumbnails of movs that are in a subdirectory and click on them to play them back quickly.

It would be helpful to have some kind of software that plays back mov files from a thumbnail view quickly (kind of like digital juice’s juicer does, but for all movs).

Anyone have a favorite mov viewer that shows contact pages of thumbnails to scan through, for rapidly being able to scan through mov screecaps and when clicked on, quickly plays the mov in a movie player?

thx,

k

You are right! Adobe Bridge plays them, but not very confortable program.
I try to convert every mov I have to mov with photo jpeg compression, so windows 7 makes tumbnails for them. But again this codec is only for those clips that does not have alpha channel embeded.
I hope this helps a bit.

Hi Ken, take a look this:

www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~mbarrien/projects/

Download: QuickThumb v0.21 - UPDATED!

hi guys, will do - thanks… it would be great to be able to quickly play mov files, without the cumbersome load times, for scanning.

also found this thread:
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/288808-mov-thumbnail-preview

googling" windows explorer .mov quicktime thumbnails"

thx re QuickThumb.dll - works good for mov thumbnails in win explorer - great free file, thx.

checking out http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ VLC player too for multiformat playback

VLC is great for playing all those odd formats that nothing else seems to play. It’s my player of last resort… and a good one!

But I don’t think it’s a thumbnail player.

-f.

VLC won’t work for files with alpha channel embedded. I have it and… nope.

GOM Player doesn’t work either. I’m not really concerned with thumbnail viewing but would like a player that provides smooth playback as QT does not play .mov files with alpha smoothly.

I’m going to try converting it to another format but am a bit skeptical of the outcome since I am unfamiliar with alpha channel embedding. I’ll let you know…

Brian