What’s green and purple?

Green : Elements
Purple : Market
Both down trend :part_alternation_mark:
:thinking:

Ouch. I’m not in Elements but I’ll leave this here as well:

IMG_0116

5 Likes

Elements and the markets are on a downward trend, but the markets are biting the dust hard. Is it really sustainable to keep both platforms running at the same time and as direct competitors ?

1 Like

Not at all. Market days (maybe months, maybe a few years) are counted.

1 Like

Current Challenges:

• Author earnings are decreasing due to various factors, including market conditions, (AI) competition, dumping pricing strategies, search algorithm adjustments.
  • Rising costs due to inflation and company initiatives like ESG objectives might further impact profitability.
  • A decline in author earnings lead to a decrease in Elements subscriptions and item purchases, creating a negative feedback loop.

Path Forward:

• Regaining Author Trust: We can rebuild trust by exploring options like reducing commission rates, considering the return of the elements contributor bonus, and introducing new earning opportunities.
  • Cost Optimization: Evaluate the impact of company initiatives on overall profitability. Remove ESG Objectives. Focus on core tasks that directly contribute to author and customer success.
  • Sustainable Growth: Prioritize strategies that create a sustainable environment where authors thrive. This can lead to increased earnings, author confidence, and a more robust marketplace for everyone.
4 Likes

My sales dropped by 70% year to year :angry:, and before that, the same year after selling Envato to another company, money is constantly flowing out of the market to cover costs. This business of envato sellers will not succeed unless they turn a profit. And it’s probably a long way and we, sellers and authors, pay for it, it’s terrible and not fair. This has to change!!!

4 Likes

The reason they gave us contributor bonus is to attract as many authors as they need to elements. Now they have more than enough authors and millions of assets so there is no reason to bring it back.
I dont believe that they will even think about reducing commission rates because again, there is more than enough authors who delivers content.
From what i understand they are investing in AI research and tech which means more money goes into that category and less for us.

2 Likes

The name should be now Leaveato instead of Envato…

4 Likes

that’s terrible

You forgot one challenge… Social media, the ability for people to make their own videos, use in-app templates, apply filters, and because of this not visit as many websites on a day-to-day basis.

4 Likes

Well we just witnessed what “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs” exactly means :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s going on this month? I know and we all know that Elements earnings have been low for months. But this month earnings are super low, at least in my case, like never before since I joined Elements. Any changes about search results or anything that I’m not aware of?

5 Likes

Same. Super low on Elements last weeks…

1 Like

Earning drops day by day :frowning:

1 Like

My earnings are dropping as well in the last few months.

3 Likes

Why did elements revenues suddenly drop by 70%? We wonder what happened all of a sudden. It’s really sickening. As authors, we have to meet on new platforms where our labor is not stolen and fair income distribution will be ensured!

4 Likes

The same thing happened to me also. :frowning_face:

Mine Is Good :smile:

2 Likes