Earnings Report discussion (December 2022)

→ me and other authors from 100+ countries → show me these Authors and their 100+ countries :slight_smile:

You see the pint is you talking about Authors that want to Envato to change country → I can talk about Authors who don’t want Envato to move anywhere.

Envato is not here to move their business around the world to make 20% of group “A” Authors happy, another country = another 20% of group “B” happy, another country and so on … > but never 100% A B C D… groups to be happy.

So why move anywhere - it’s logical to stay in you homeland country → You should move and do not force others to do this.

Oh yes… no work and earn more money - good luck with this attitude. :slight_smile:

You solutions are like “change tax”, “change country” etc. → really, solutions to be made in 24 hours and available just like that.

I am glad you remember this → I am still thinking this way - no change at all. AT ALL. I work hard :slight_smile: and I do not expect any money for free.

You have your items and you earn your money → want some extra $$$? Do some extra work - simple, isn’t it?

I know. :slight_smile:

Assuming… → I’m about to stop participating in this discussion. I made my statements, I shared my opinion and now I would like to go back to my … W.O.R.K schedule :slight_smile: this is something I do between sleeping and eating. Vacation? Last time I was on vacation was exactly 10 years ago.

Peace :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deleted most items from elements and see the result!

9 Likes

Well, you will not earn just like that some extra money. Perhaps adding 1000 videos per month. I can not speak for other items, since I do not have them. But those days are far over - to add some clips and earn 100’s of $. Forget about that. Least for videos.

Subscription models that agencies invented will not ruin business, but it will and it did ruin many author’s incomes.
Only one who really earns and earns big, big, big - are agencies, having our work. End of story.

@Primus1 - that’s true - that’s why I suggested something like challenges → the challenge where for example 100 Authors (100 from each eligible category like 100 from graphics, 100 from video and so on) who got most works approved on elements are getting their extra bonus → clear rules and money to be earned after specified period of time (like one month of uploading and next month the bonus received). :slight_smile: This is what I suggested.

What is better → no bonus at all or possibility to get some bonus taking a part in challenge?

2 Likes

@ PeakStar
I like your idea. It is better to get any bonus as no bonus. And it would work as very, very strong motivator!
Competition with good rewards is strong motivator, agree? :grinning:

@PeakStar @Primus1 Such challenges will increase the items per customers ratio, what element needs more now is marketing, especially google ads.

Currently, their no element ads running on google ads, only market ads.

This is just my opinion

And what about total earnings, Market + Elements? Does it increase? Because you can earn extra $10K on Market, but lose $15K on Elements…

One day I asked a client who had downloaded my template from Elements. You are now a member to Elements and also downloaded my product. When I asked that you usually search for the product you need only from Elements or from the main market (themeforest) after you become a member? He said both. Then he said that I came across your template in the market and liked and wanted to buy. But later I came across it on Elements and downloaded for free.

Later I recognized that I’m killing my sales myself day by day . And decided to delete most items. After that my monthly earnings back to normal.

8 Likes

@zendcrew - I am talking about what we (Authors) can do to earn more since the beginning. Advertising / Tax reductions / Moving Company to another country ← all of these things are not something we can do - they are correct but not in our power.

We can ask for challenges for extra money and then complete these challenges to earn the money.

I have one simple rule → I am not focusing on things I can’t change or I have no influence to. I am focused on things I can do - fast and with profits. :slight_smile:

First thing in line I am waiting for is → New payout system to be finally live - this will be main update and huge milestone in Envato life.

Second thing in line I am waiting for is → Bigger Elements Earnings → Make them bigger or give me the opportunity so I can make them bigger (challenges?)

I am extremely simple person.

1 Like

This is so ridiculous and has no sense at all. Do you know that there are single players (1 person) per account on Elements and that there are teams of 5-10-20-50 designers under 1 account on Elements? Who will get more approved items?

There is a LIFE which is all the time there but it is limited - don’t forget that!

And again - many authors are missing the point. We all agree that the numbers aren’t good - we’re not making enough money with the current system, and you’re suggesting we work harder and create even more products that are still making such little money. There are already 11.000.000 items on Elements! The point is to find a way how to increase the earnings per item (per existing items) and not to become robots and just to add more and more items.

2 Likes

And who will have to share the bonus - me or the “team”? → Bonus like $300 (this is example amount only) for one person is worth to do this extra work.

Same bonus but shared between 5 ($60 each), 10 ($30 each), 20 ($15 each), 50 ($6 each) persons (the whole team) is worth less. Do the math.

Second thing - my personal thing - is → 5 and 10 people teams… I can compete with up to 10 persons team alone → I am alone but I am not → I invested some money for scripts - my workflow is improved by scripts and AI → in the result I have something like AI team (this may sounds strange but this is how things are on my side). So I am not scared about the “teams” → but this is me.

Work is my life - so everything is on it’s place.

This is not easy. We have the situation like number of items is unlimited - but number of subscribers indeed is. So the logic mind says → rise the prices. Same logic mind says → do not rise the prices because you will loose many customers, they will choose cheaper competitors.

This is something I could talk about with Envato owners, knowing their numbers, policy, plans, problems… pluses and minuses. Otherwise there is no point to even start the discussion here on the forum. Serious discussions should be backed by serious knowledge about the company.

I can only suggest short time / long time opportunities for authors to earn extra money in next months. Bigger plans are on Envato side.

Usually in teams like that - 1 or 2 persons are really owners - all others are just “workers” (for a fixed salary). It is impossible to “fight” with them if we are talking only about of number of items.

+1 for AI - I have also some experience with AI but still not used for the work.

Envato Elements likes this :smiley:

Yes - that is the only thing which we can do (and that is the reason of having Earnings Report discussion) - will Envato actually implement/change any of our suggestions? There is nothing we can do about it.

One Author has also one interesting proposal - the suggestion is that Elements allows us to create some kind of “folders”/collections/sets of items from our portfolio which we can easy share.

For me the number of high quality items is not a problem (this “problem” just not exist in my world).

My assistant will answer you.

I am using this for some of my ads :slight_smile: (not only this girl but there are many others)

I am deep into AI - they are speaking, writing texts (for all kind of needs, with keywords or anything you want to, they make videos etc).

Now the scary part → there are AIs who can write you a … CODE - you just select the language and you tell AI in your words what you want to get - for example you want JSX script doing specific things in Photoshop - > and AI is doing the whole script for you. Programmers can start to cry in 3… 2… 1… (I am on waitlist for this one, or these ones he he he )

For us as Graphic Designers the future do not looks better LOL :slight_smile: and you are worrying about taxes… :smiley:

Peace :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@PeakStar @CocoBasic
Are we still talking about taxes, I thought that was settled already, LOL.

1 Like

Oh, yeah! :+1: This year I started to use Watson text-to-speech, and Midjourney for concept art.

1 Like

AI images are already banned from 123rf. While ShutterStock has special option and will do a collaboration with another digital AI art program. Images only for now. Authors will get some revenue, if image will be used in AI creation, chosen by customer.

Very true.

To be clear → I am not using any AI images - not for me but I can see many AI generated photos and I feel sorry for real creators. Not cool. ;]

1 Like

I do not see any reason or potential in selling AI art. But it’s incredibly useful in concept art. When you have an idea, and you want to test it, how it will look, what colors could be used, what shape or composition it may be. It’s great for brainstorming, seeking new approaches, etc. It’s like you have a coworker, and you ask him what he thinks about your idea, and what else he can add to it.

2 Likes

Do you guys see the market earnings via the Elements Author Dashboard?
MY EE earning are ok, but when I check the market earnings, I only see a list of 11 files that are not mine!
Is it happening only to me?
@BenLeong