You probably used your texture from element 3d itself.
How to solve this?
- Import your texture to comp
- Precomp and name it say "texture 1"
- In element 3D solid, go to "custom textures" and in custom slot choose your previously made "texture 1"
- Open element 3d, click "setup".
- Choose your element model and choose for example "reflection" slot then add in thhat slot custom layer - texture 1
This way, you'll always have your textures saved when you export/collect project.
Oh Yes,i know, i did it in the final process of my work. This is the problem, when i started to work on it i was using a external file in placed in my desktop and now that i have replaced it for the file imported in the comp in the way you describe above, the pluging is still searching for the old path of the initial file used. IT seems like there is some kind of metadata that remember this file? Is this possible? or am i doing some kind of error?