Dropped notes in Kontakt - polyphony problem?

Hi,

I’m working on an ad at the moment and using VEPro with a full multi-timbral instance of Kontaktin Logic X i.e. all 16 MIDI channels have patches loaded, but I’m getting dropped notes.

It happens at particularly ‘busy’ moments where there are lots of notes playing at the same time. Pretty sure I’ve had this problem before and I’m assuming it’s a polyphony problem as sometimes all notes play, but sometimes they don’t and, like I said, it’s only when many notes are playing at once time.

Is there anything I can play around with in Kontakt to sort the issue, or do I need to render out the parts so that they play in full?

Thanks for any pointers,

Taco

If its a polyphony problem then you can increase the polyphony for each instrument (i experience this for. ex. in Minimal library when 48 poly. is sometimes not enought). Polyphony depends also on your PC/ Mac power :slight_smile:

Or maybe check the track with those drop notes if some of the notes are not overlaping with each other … it could happned if you copy some parts and the previous note ands on position when the same note starts to play :slight_smile:

Just a though … :slight_smile:

PaBlikMM said

If its a polyphony problem then you can increase the polyphony for each instrument (i experience this for. ex. in Minimal library when 48 poly. is sometimes not enought). Polyphony depends also on your PC/ Mac power :slight_smile:

Or maybe check the track with those drop notes if some of the notes are not overlaping with each other … it could happned if you copy some parts and the previous note ands on position when the same note starts to play :slight_smile:

Just a though … :slight_smile:

Thanks Cha! I’ll try out the polyphony trick first as I’m pretty sure it’s that (using a quad core Mac Mini on this project so there should be enough juice to get me through a fair number of projects). That said, I do need to learn how to optimise my Logic sessions as I frequently get the single spike of death rather than things being spread across all cores (it’s a common problem apparently).