Does Envato interfere in pricing promotions?

But it’s not the same for people working in USA, Europe, East Europe and Asia. An Asian team can make a good business selling at half price from a Norwegian team.

Of course it is ridiculous that multipurpose themes cost so little, especially some of the gigantic frameworks like the top 5 themes.

Guys, please note, this thread’s question was related to Envato’s interference with item promotions, not about item pricing

As Envato is now accepting Author Driven Prices for certain categories, authors are allowed to set their own prices to whatever amount they see fit. ( please see Setting Prices Responsibly Help Article )

Although changing prices to incredibly high amounts is not a viable marketing or advertising technique there are strict laws governing pricing conduct regulated under competition laws (also called anti-trust laws in other countries) as well as consumer rights laws. In particular, it’s strictly prohibited to have an agreement, arrangement or understanding between competing businesses (such as two authors) about what price of an item should be, therefore Envato cannot impose a price limit and trying to do so would be illegal.

Therefore, if you wish to continue the subject for the original thread’s title, please do, if not, I’ll have to lock this thread up. It is illegal to suggest / talk / impose / propose / pr icings and international anti-trust / anti-arrangement forbid this. So, please, stay on topic! :slight_smile:

Yea then if limits or controls cannot be set a price jungle is occuring. This is yet again a way to.dump reaponsibility on us. To be honest ADP should go away. I really dont know what were they thinking.

I dont see why it should be ilegal to set min bottom limit.

I think the popular list is based on sales figures.

Indeed you are correct! :slight_smile:

I’m reading this kind of posts and I’m wondering if is worth developing new items … I also notice a sale drop :frowning:

What if people are going to disable support and just sale the item … just like Envato Elements does… what will Envato do then?

I doubt support will ever be disabled. You have to look at this from a standpoint of marketplace. Envato Elements is totally different. A market by definition is a place where you go to purchase different things. There must be help from the vendor for your purchase in order for you to get that thing running as he presents it if that vendor and market want to survive. No one will go to any sort of market to purchase objects ( of course, not referring to a second hand market , but to a new product market ) and then be told that “hey you got it, now figure it out”

Support will always exist, and that is great.

As for developing new items, sales are dropping for some, rising for others, it’s called market trends. These things happen and we can only continue to produce the quality work we currently make and see how tides will turn towards other things in the future, sadly, a market is quite difficult to predict, but don’t be afraid, in my past 7 years on Envato I’ve heard " the market is dying" alt least 5 times a year and “sales have dropped” at least once a month.

Market trends change, and if I may give a personal example, my sales drop some months, and skyrocket others, it’s really tricky to exactly pin point what’s happening.

The most important thing is to be consistent, with prices, support, quality product, good attitude toward buyers, and this can only lead to evolution! Cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like